Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sing it Sister new
      #54837 - 03/26/04 02:51 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Ruchie,

We're in the same boat. I have GERD and the purple pill (hope it helps you as much as it does me, the thing is a miracle drug). I'm also an IBS Loser. Plus, I understand about food restrictions because I'm a strict vegetarian, which has some overlaps with Kosher food... since Kosher Gelatin is occasionally safe for me.

My suggestions would be lots of good, yummy safe soups. You can make them with a vegetable stock base that's not tomato (try to get the low sodium kind though). Soups are really low in calories.

Also, I eat a lot of pasta with a little olive oil and spices. No tomatos, nothing hot, but still flavorful. You can even get flavored olive oils to use.

There are quite a few of the recipes posted that are safe... the honey oven fried chicken is tasty, and when I make it with soy chicken it's low cal.

Hmmm... hope this helps a little. If not, at least I can offer sympathy and moral support!

What a strange connection... new
      #54857 - 03/26/04 04:53 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Ruthie,
I was so surprised when I read your post...that is the strangest connection. I think you and me have some things i common, I too have chronic sinusitis and GERD, and I never thought about a possible connection for me.
My doctor just prescribed Nexxium for me, and at first I was skeptical because I don't personally have a lot of trouble with my GERD, I just stay away from trouble foods and it doesn't really both me (that I've noticed)...but OMG, if that could be causing my sinus infections...wouldn't that be something?
Anyways, I really hope it works for you, and I think I'm going to bite the bullet and try it too, I'll let you know how it works for me.
As for foods, I'm just learning my way around the kitchen, so I don't think I can suggest much, although I also have to stay away from tomatoes so I can sympathize with you there. I find some of the best things for me when it's really bothering me are just plain bread or pasta, it sometimes even soothes the GERD. Sometimes I'll put a little olive oil and garlic powder in the pasta to spice it up a little...don't know if that might help?
I really hope you feel better soon!
Take care!
Kelly

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1628

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review