All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Not a good morning AT ALL!
      #53637 - 03/24/04 06:12 AM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi guys! I have not had a good morning at all. I woke up with the most HORRIBLE stomach ache ever! I have had the worst bout of IBS I have had in a few weeks. I have been on this new diet for a little over a week now. I have been doing really well and I have been so happy. BUT...something must have triggered this! Can you guys help me? I just want to know if it was something I ate...I want to make sure NEVER to do it again!
BREAKFAST: just snacked on Apple-Cinnamon Quakes

LUNCH: Turkey sandwich w/ fat free mayo and baked sour cream and onion chips

DINNER: Small helping of turkey meatloaf and an egg salad sandwich....made only with egg whites and fat free mayo

SNACK: Rice Krispy Squares

Does any of this sound bad? Was it the egg? If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it! Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Not a good morning AT ALL! new
      #53641 - 03/24/04 06:18 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Omigosh, how weird! We are going through the exact same thing! I have also been doing so good on the diet and my stomach has been feeling good until this morning!! I think for me it was the oatmeal pumpkin cookies I just made. I don't think I can tolerate oatmeal. My stomach ballooned up big-time and I am very gaseous.
I don't know by looking at your diet what exactly did it for you? Sometimes the weirdest thing can trigger a stomache ache. It's very frustrating, isn't it?
Hope you feel better soon. I feel like my stomache is literally going to pop into little pieces right now!

#53651 - 03/24/04 06:38 AM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Good morning and I'm sorry you are not feeling so well.

What was in the turkey meatloaf? Also, have you ever eaten the sour cream & onion chips and not gotten sick? I know I personally can't tolerate onions, garlic, eggs, mayo (just to name a few). It's really trial and error to see what did it. Have one different food at a time so you can narrow it down, this way it won't be too much to figure out.

Hope you are feeling better soon! Break out the tea and pamper yourself today.

Barbara

#53660 - 03/24/04 06:52 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Possibly the sour cream & onion chips; I'd check out the ingredients on the chip bag. Could have some lactose in it. sue

#53663 - 03/24/04 06:54 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would also check the ingredients in the chips. I was snacking on some back dill pickle chips a couple weeks ago (I forget the brand name) but when I looked at the ingredients in them I noticed that MSG was listed!!

That bag of chips went into the garbage right away!!

Good luck!! Hope you feel better soon!!

#53664 - 03/24/04 06:55 AM
JuLee

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Flushing Queens NYC

were you stressed out before you went to bed?

sometimes if i go to bed feeling anxious or upset about something i wake up with the worst tummy ache EVER!!!

try to chill today and eat easy stuff (rice and stuff) to get you through the day.

feel better soon

#53674 - 03/24/04 07:16 AM
ChristineT

Reged: 03/01/04

I know my stomach is acting up as well this morning. Also, I to ate the Rice Krispy Squares, and then saw that it has margarine, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, and other nasty stuff. Along with it contains a milk ingredient.

I have also been snacking on Twizzlers. I think this has been getting my tummy upset as well. I think Twizzlers has partially hydrogenated soybean oil in it. Sets me off.

Check everything you eat. I know I'm going to make my own Rice Krispies Treats. Then I know what's going in them.

Christine

#53676 - 03/24/04 07:17 AM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

Gemini, I wanted to tell you that I cannot stomach pumpkin. I used to love it swirled into my oatmeal. I was buying the canned pumpkin....but no more. Last night I had pumpkin on my ice cream, and just like it had before, I was sick. So I think I have spotted that trigger for me....although I love it, it is not good for me.

#53680 - 03/24/04 07:22 AM
happyday

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

Christine, the Partially Hydro oils are killer on me too! I was eating a soy ice cream, it had 4gr of fat, but I thought it would be ok, since it was soy. After eating it a few times and feelign ill, I read the side and saw the killer PHoil....no fun! Down the drain it went!

#53683 - 03/24/04 07:28 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

happy day,
Really? Pumpkin upsets your stomache? Pumpkin seems like one of those "safe" foods...I love pumpkin. I would hate if that bothered my stomache.
Doesn't everyone hate it when you can't exactly pinpoint what caused the pain? I mean, what if you think it's a certain ingredient or food, and so then you eliminate it, but really it's some other food and you never realize it? I hate that. You would be giving up a food for no reason!
Frustrating!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2350

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review