All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Listen, new
      #52877 - 03/22/04 05:33 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

It's water weight, Chinagrl! (At least, that's what I tell myself the week after I PMS!)

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Christine new
      #52958 - 03/22/04 08:44 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Good morning, Christine! How are you feeling? Did the heating pad and benadryl help? Did you get a better night's sleep?
Hope so!!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

No More Irritable Bread Syndrome! new
      #53022 - 03/22/04 11:16 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yes! It seems my boyfriend was killing the yeast by not using the correct water temperature. He found a thermometer (that he used to use in a science lab!) and he now checks to ensure he is using the correct temperature. He had one other setback when his third loaf of bread only partially rose, but then he discovered he used 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt instead of 1 1/2 teaspoons. Time for him to get some bifocals, I think!

Thank you for asking.

Belinda

We'll make a baker out of him, yet! Glad it's working out, Belinda. -nt- new
      #53023 - 03/22/04 11:20 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

#53058 - 03/22/04 01:18 PM
cmuse1224

Reged: 03/13/04
Loc: Peabody, MA

Thanks Jen,
I am actually IBS-C and haven't gone in about 4 days..however that is pretty normal for me. I did use the heating pad last night and it did seem to work pretty well for the time being. I think it was Bev that suggested I take some benedryl to help me sleep, I did that last night and I did sleep a little better! However, now that I am home from work I am a mess...I am a teacher for behavioral autistic kids so it can be very stressfull at times, today happened to be one of those days! So I am in the process of making some tea, heating up my heating pad and relaxing!

I will give it a week or so i guess, hopefully I will become stable soon! It is very frustrating!

christine

#53061 - 03/22/04 01:20 PM
cmuse1224

Reged: 03/13/04
Loc: Peabody, MA

Hi Laura,
I did sleep a little better last night...I was just telling Jen about it! I did take the benedryl and it did seem to help, I wasn't up every hour on maybe every other or so. My back was feeling better after the heating pad however, after my day at work, it I am a mess...my back is killing me...I teach behavioral autistic kids and it can be very stressful at times! But I am going to make some tea, heat up my heating pad and relax! I am hopeing this will end soon!
christine

#53063 - 03/22/04 01:23 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Christine!
Glad to hear the heating pad and Benadryl helped. Sorry to hear about your stressful day at work, but bless you for working with those special kids! Anyone in that type of job is an absolute angel in my book. Kudos to you!

And yes, give it a week or two. And don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 62282

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review