All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Breakfast ideas?
      #51043 - 03/16/04 08:12 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hi all, does anyone have any favorite breakfast foods (without meat or eggs) to suggest to me? I am getting so sick of toast with jam. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Breakfast ideas? new
      #51045 - 03/16/04 08:15 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I eat corn chex with soy milk, bagels, oatmeal...these are all quick breakfasts...if you want some ideas that take a little more time try looking on the recipe exchange or in Heather's book "Eating for IBS" ...there are lots of great things in there!!

#51048 - 03/16/04 08:24 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Kimm. What do you put on your bagel? I have Heather's book. I am looking for quick before work ideas.

Kimm, aren't you the one who wrote me back about Dicetel? I have taken it for a few days now and it seems to be giving me cramps and not doing too much else. Didn't you say it didn't work for you? Let me know what your doctor suggests as another drug to take. I'd like to know what does work but I guess it's different for everyone.

#51050 - 03/16/04 08:28 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey there...I usually put a tiny amount of low-fat peanut butter on my bagel...but some people can't handle peanut butter...so maybe jam instead??
Yah I'm the one who wrote you back about Dicetel...and I'm actually going to see my Doc today to try and find another medication that will work. I've been on Dicetel for almost 2 months now and I've seen no results...I was told it can take over a month to start working...so maybe give it a little more time and it may work for you!!
In any case...I will definately let you know what me and the Doc decide on today and will tell you if it does anything for me....

#51053 - 03/16/04 08:33 AM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

You could also try Tofutti "Cream Cheese"---it's not too horrible and comes in flavors like veggie and strawberry. Peanut butter is more nutritious though, if you can tolerate it. I second Kimm's ideas about oatmeal and cereal. Also soy yogurt is quick and easy! I know how it is though--I'm terrible about eating breakfast!

--------------------
--Julie

#51059 - 03/16/04 08:42 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks.

Hope you find something that works too and I'll give it a bit more time.

#51062 - 03/16/04 08:44 AM
Sara-Sage

I'll look for Tofutti cream cheese, sounds good. I can't tolerate peanut butter which is sad because I love it.

#51084 - 03/16/04 09:13 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I never eat breakfast until I get to work (long story), so it's hard for me to eat a meal that has to be prepared. My favorite thing lately is to bring a bag of cereal and a juice-box sized Soy Dream Original (I believe they sell 3-packs of them). Pop a few cereal pieces in my mouth and wash it down with the soy milk - just like having a bowl of cereal!

I will also bring pieces of Heathers' breads or an english muffin to toast in the toaster.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Breakfast ideas and soynut butter new
      #51102 - 03/16/04 09:31 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

My favorite breakfasts are homemade quick breads and muffins... there are some awesome recipes on the boards that are simple to whip up and taste fantastic! And of course Heather's breads are also terrific. I usually freeze some so that it lasts longer. When it starts getting low I just take it out of the freezer the night before and voila, there's breakfast!

I also love cereals. Honeycombs and cocoa puffs are my safest standbys. I also love my Honeycombs with about 1/2 a banana sliced on top!

I also enjoy bagels for breakfast. Depending on the flavor of bagel I top it with either a little bit of soy margarine, soynut butter, soy cream cheese, or jelly.

Speaking of soynut butter, have you ever tried it?? I can't tolerate PB either, and the SB is a great substitute for me! It makes fantastic soynut butter and jelly sandwiches!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#51106 - 03/16/04 09:36 AM
goffy6604

Reged: 11/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Oatmeal, cream of rice (lived on for awhile when IBS was out of control), chex cereal with soy milk, bagels...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1899 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4552

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review