All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For Ruchie and other sinusitis sufferers
      #50197 - 03/13/04 05:25 AM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

To continue an ongoing discussion about sinusitis, I thought I'd share what I learned this week. Had an appointment with my naturopath and she confirmed that there often is a link between sinusitis and a fungal/candida overgrowth. I'm to take olive leaf extract (in capsule form) for about a month- 500mg 4x/day for one week, then 3x/day for 3 weeks, on an empty stomach. She also told me to massage pressure points on my face (basically wherever it's tender when your sinuses are inflamed) with peppermint oil. I tried it and it really works! The only thing is that the peppermint oil fumes really sting the eyes so you have to do it before you go to sleep, and don't rub your eyes. Other stuff I'm supposed to do when spring hits and my sinuses freak out- take bromelain (1g 3x/day) on an empty stomach to reduce inflammation, take bioflavinoids and vitamin C, steam myself, and take fenugreek capsules.
Anyway, all this stuff is tailored to me and my specific issues so I have no idea how much of it would work for anyone else, but I thought I'd share so that you can pursue whatever solutions seem to make sense for you with your own health care practionner.
As for today, it's snowing and I'm so happy- no nasty pollen to deal with!
Laura

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks, LauraS! new
      #50224 - 03/13/04 08:36 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Laura,
Thanks for sharing what you learned with us. I'm going to save this information and try some of it on myself. It's very interesting! I'm on the mend from a sinus infection, but it never really seems to go completely away. It just lingers! I know what you mean about yukky weather days. We've had a taste of spring already, and we had some great rainy days. Perfect for no pollen!! Well, thanks again, and will you keep us informed of how you do on this new regimen? I'd really like to know. Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering what things you do for your IBS, too. Any natural thing that has really seemed to help?
Terri

Re: for teecee new
      #50320 - 03/14/04 05:32 AM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

Teecee,
The only thing that has really helped is taking a fiber supplement and reducing insoluble fibers from foods. The peppermint capsules worked well for a while, then started giving me acis reflux so I quit. Yoga helps tons with my whole body (sinuses too). The only thing I do differently for my IBS tha what's posted on this board is that I LOVE lemon balm tea (the latin name is melissa officianalis) and drink it instead of fennel tea.
Laura

Thanks LauraS new
      #50346 - 03/14/04 08:04 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Well, thanks for your reply. Keep us posted on your progress with these stubborn sinuses! (crossing fingers for you).
Terri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review