Pages: 1
put on medication finally
      #5011 - 04/03/03 12:24 PM
tahi

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: toronto ontario

i just wanted to say thanks to evevryong who seemed so concerned about me,

im really happy i found this board.
Anyways, yesterday i had a really bad attack, i was on the floor screaming and i almost passed out, so today my doctor gave me this medication called dicetel..i hope it helps the cramps, has anyone else used this?

is it normal to feel so weak? I mean i can't even really get out of bed, seriously it takes me about 15 mins to get up out of bed..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: put on medication finally new
      #5012 - 04/03/03 12:31 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

First of all, I am SO SORRY you're suffering!!! Second, I'm not familair with this medication--is it for IBS C or D? I've been in such pain before that I've started doing the laundry and been unable to finish it. Each week is different--some weeks this pain is daily--sometimes just once--it just depends. In any case, I definately don't think you're alone--it drains your strenghth when you're in pain!! I hope that you feel better VERY SOON and if you feel like chatting--the board's here for you! *hugs*

Take care!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#5017 - 04/03/03 01:32 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Tahi,
Im sorry about your recent attack, but at least you have some medication now! . It took me a couple of real bad attacks to get me some med.Im on Levsin and works okay, i hope yours works out too.make sure to keep us updated!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#5019 - 04/03/03 01:38 PM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

Tahi- It seems Dicitel is the drug given to all Canadians. I am in Burlington and was on it last year. I did not have the aweful cramps you have, so I went off it. I am IBS-D, but find taking Metamucil and following Heather's diet helped more.

#5020 - 04/03/03 01:52 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hope the meds work for you - they didn't for me. It is normal to feel tired. Partly because of the stress of the attacks, and after "going" so much you risk getting dehydrated. Drink lots of water or herbal tea( try ginger, chamomile, peppermint or fennel) Peppermint actually can help ease the pain. Take care.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#5110 - 04/04/03 07:15 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I was prescibed Dicetel. It worked for me well, but I hate medications so I stopped taking it and just made a HUGE effort to follow Heather's diet.

Now I only use Dicetel if I want to give myself a treat and have something bad for me. Even then I make sure I will home for night because sometimes it doesn't work.

Or I also use it if I am going to a function where I can't pick the menu (ie: weddings etc) then I will take one and it helps me make it through the night with no problems. I still try to follow the diet pretty closely, but it is helpful.

I personally hate meds and have found that if you follow Heather's diet very carefully you should be ok without it. (That's just my personal opinion and I am most definately NOT a doctor)

I have IBS-D.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#5112 - 04/04/03 07:17 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

jst4kdz -

I have never taken metamucil or anything so far, but I am beginning to think maybe I should take something. I have been following the diet but it doesn't give me regular BM's.

Everyone -Is it true we should have a BM's daily or sometimes a few times during the day?

I have IBS-D and am wondering how Metamucil has helped you?

Thanks,

Lana-Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#5125 - 04/04/03 11:20 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

My dr put me on an antidepressant-Elavil-has anyone taken this? Does it help? I am afraid to take something like that...I have IBS-C, but sometimes D. I am waiting for my book to arrive..(IBS the 1st yr).

Also, is nausea a common symptom of IBS? IF so, I am the queen!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 845 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1306

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review