All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need a response please
      #49089 - 03/09/04 04:08 PM
prtyblueeyz

Reged: 12/19/03
Loc: USA Michigan

I have not been able to eat pasta sauce for a very long time now, I am assuming it was because of the high fructose corn syrup in the sauce. Today I found Organic pasta sauce and was wondering if this is safe to eat. These are what is in it...

Organic tomato puree(water,organic tomato paste), organic tomatoes,organic onions,organic cabernet wine, organic parsley, nauturally milled organic sugar,sea salt,organic garlic,organic extra virgin olive oil,organic oregano,organic black pepper,organic sweet basil,organic thyme and naturally derived citric acid.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need a response please new
      #49119 - 03/09/04 06:10 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

This looks safe to me! What is the fat content? Go for it!! Try it out! I think with pasta you should be fine!

--------------------

Acidic foods new
      #49122 - 03/09/04 06:19 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Do acidic foods bother you? Because I think that's the problem some people have with pasta sauces. You might want to try sprinkling a little sugar on it to cut the acidity in case that's the problem. But I agree with Steph, as long as it's not too high in fat it looks fine!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Acidic foods new
      #49138 - 03/09/04 08:07 PM
prtyblueeyz

Reged: 12/19/03
Loc: USA Michigan

It said total fat grams was 0.5. I will do the sugar thing, I dont usually get any heart burn or anything unless its spicy food and I stopped eating anything like that years ago. Thank you both for the response, I had to post that here first before I tried it.

Jenn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1940

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review