All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
poll-tummy feeling
      #48632 - 03/07/04 09:38 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI ; HANDS UP. HOW MANY OF YOU OUT THERE JUST GET PLAIN TIRED OF THINKING, FEELING, OR TALKING ABOUT YOUR TUMMY TO NON-IBSers. fess up, now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: poll-tummy feeling new
      #48639 - 03/07/04 10:07 PM
Meghan

Reged: 03/07/04

People just don't understand what our problem is and how it affects us! I cry at the supper table when people tell me to keep eating when I feel ill. WHY?

#48646 - 03/08/04 05:13 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Louise,

I can see why you feel that way! It does get a little tiresome. As I've said before, I'm lucky to have a core group of people who I care about who understand what I'm going through. I can't imagine if the people around me kept nagging me or were too lazy to really listen to me. It's got to be hard to have people push the wrong foods on you or to be exasperated that you're "still sick."

Also, I don't mind educating people. It's good for all of us, really, to have more sympathetic ears out there.

BUT... I know what you mean... Sometimes it's just a tiresome chore. Especially if it's the 5th time you've explained it, or you can tell someone's not listening. The WORST people, though, are the ones who have all of the answers for you! You've met them, I'm sure... The "I've got an aunt who had that and she ate kumquats 4 times a day for 2 weeks and got rid of it" kind of people! We should take a poll to see what freaky "cures" people have been told to try!!!!

--------------------

#48743 - 03/08/04 11:51 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

jENX; don't get me wrong, the people around me are quite supportive. I hust hate thinking about how I feel all the time, and am constantly feeling mytummy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 816 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 821

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review