All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
the gas continues
      #47837 - 03/04/04 06:44 AM
zf

Reged: 01/05/04

Wow! Amazing posts. I drink fennel tea often and it feels good when I drink it but has no lasting effect on the rotten gas. Here I am at work again in misery.... So last night and this morning I tried apple cider vinegar. Nothing. Also tried fresh ginger tea last night and this morning; nothing. I cannot have any peppermint oil because I have acid reflux, which I am on meds for. Okay, I am cutting out bananas for now and going to reduce by dose of the acacia back to 1 tsp. But if I cut out bananas, what shall I eat as my mid-morning snack each day at work? It has to be fast and portable and low in fat and calories because I am 30 pounds overweight and trying to loose it. I think today I will just eat bread though.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: the gas continues new
      #47861 - 03/04/04 08:30 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Just bread is always an option. My favorite lo-cal midmorning snack is a Quaker Oats Chewy Granola bar. Only 120 calories and nice blend of soluble, insoluble, protein and a little sugar. It doesn't agree with everybody tho.

Another idea I used to do is rice cakes with just a little smear of peanut butter on them to cut the dryness.

And of course Heather & Co will recommend all kinds of low fat low cal quick breads that she has tons of recipes for.

Another idea is Triscuits crackers or other crackers, even the Planters Peanut Butter and Cheese packaged crackers.

I know you're trying to lose weight but all these in moderation don't add a lot of calories. Not much more than a banana if I remember right.

Good luck!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: the gas continues new
      #47899 - 03/04/04 10:09 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You could also try appelsauce cups. I keep those in my desk at work for snacks. I like to get the ones with other fruits too (strawberry, peach, etc.)

I also keep graham crackers & soy yogurt at work too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 428 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1367

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review