--------------------
--Julie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can I stop this gas? new
      #47754 - 03/03/04 12:38 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

you know banana gas me very bad.I eat 1/2 of one in my oats sometimes an I,m sorry.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: Bananas! new
      #47758 - 03/03/04 12:50 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

an banana are surpose to be good for you.not for me.an by the way.soy milk vanilla has 10g.of sugar for 8oz.choc.has 21g of sugar for 8oz.an I do love the choc.some one ask what is the different between a IBS an a diabetic person.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#47760 - 03/03/04 12:54 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oatmeal bothers me sometimes! Have you ever noticed that to make you gassy before? Also, how long have you been on the acacia, and have you recently increased your dose? That made me very gassy when I was on it. Just some thoughts! I hope it comes out soon!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#47773 - 03/03/04 02:27 PM
Tootsie

Reged: 12/03/03
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

The truth is everyone is different. I suggest keeping a food diary. I used to suffer from such bad gas. Now when I get it it's usually because I fell off the wagon. Granted my new diet is VERY limited, but it has helped a lot! Firstly, I eliminated whole wheat products. Then I realized fructose is a big problem, so I am careful when I eat that. Especially important, I cannot eat sulphur-containing foods like eggs, garlic, or onions, or I am sure to suffer from tons of really smelly gas! I usually look to the day before to find an offending food, since it usually takes quite some time for food to make it to the large intestine where things are fermented. Giid luck with it all!

#47776 - 03/03/04 02:59 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Gripe water is a oil type water that is used primarily to treat upset stomachs and colic in babies. My parents actually used to give it to me alot when I was younger because I had such bad gas and they said it really helped me. So today, I picked some up and I figure I'll try it...it has fennel oil and sodium bicarbonate in it.
Kelly

#47786 - 03/03/04 04:21 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

The only two products that I use are beano, gas x and phazyme. I heard charcoal caps work too but havne't tried them. We should start our own "gas products" company and make a fortune.

SLYMAC--Does this work????? new
      #47792 - 03/03/04 05:09 PM
Scully30

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

I drink a TON of fennel tea, take probiotics, Acacia fiber (though only 1 tsp per day right now), and have been okay for a week, but today I have the WORST GAS EVER and no amount of fennel tea is helping. I bought the Gas-X extra strength, and it has been two hours, I took the maximum dose, and NOTHING. All I've been doing is spraying Airwick all day. No end in sight. Does this really work? I mean, I drink both fennel and peppermint tea, but what is the ingredient in it besides those that really does it for you? Please let me know. I have got to do something!

Jen

#47805 - 03/03/04 06:40 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I second the bananas! I was eating one a day for a few weeks and was having such bad gas within a few hours. I just eliminated that from my diet and I seem to be feeling better. It's still to early to tell if that was the problem but I couldn't think of anything else different I was doing. I also just increased my acidopholus to max dosage (according to the bottle). I wish they made prescription strength anti - gas meds. Like for those with really stinky problems you could pull out the "big guns". Ha ha I have to laugh or I just might cry about my stomach problems.

#47810 - 03/03/04 07:02 PM
Seahawk

Reged: 03/03/04
Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Have you ever tried a product called Mintacin?
It is enteric-coated and combines Simethicone and Peppermint Oil.
It works very well for me; and there is little to no peppermint "aftertaste".

--------------------
-Seahawk

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 269 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review