All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: POLL: Which is worse to you-- D or C? And why. new
      #44823 - 02/13/04 10:57 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I am mostly D but occasionally am C....for me D is much worse because there is that constant anxiety that an attack might happen at the worst possible time. When I am C there is the pain and such, but not the anxiety.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#44830 - 02/13/04 11:06 AM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I am mostly C, but have had D also on a few occasions....I really consider both equally bad. It's not fun being C for so long, feeling like "I HAVE to go but I CANT, why???", it's stressful not being able to poop. But with D, not fun either, having to stay in the house or near a bathroom.

Both cause much anxiety! Oh, to have normal bowels again, wouldn't that be wonderful! Some things that people with normal bowels take for granted (as my boyfriend says).

#44939 - 02/13/04 08:19 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I'm a "C" and I think "D" would be worse. I may be in pain more from it all staying in, but I'm not tied to a GPS that has all the bathroom locations programed in for the sudden need at any given moment.

Kree....interesting how we think the reverse of what we have is the worst. Good psyc. study is right.

--------------------

#44961 - 02/14/04 07:14 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I'd have to agree D is worse, C can be very uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable has having D and not being anywhere near a bathroom! And Kandee - I actually just bought a handheld GPS, awesome little toy! getting all the bathrooms programmed in right now

#44962 - 02/14/04 07:24 AM
fressy

Reged: 02/11/04
Loc: MO

I'm a C but I have been both and I have to say that D is worse. Spending hours in the bathroom is awful! C can be painful but more managable.

#44963 - 02/14/04 07:58 AM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

I've been reading everyone's reply and feel enlightened. I guess bec. I have almost always been C. This is very interesting. Most of the time I wish I was D bec. I am so miserable. In my case I am as needy of a bathroom all the time as some say w/D.I have to stay home all morning or until I finish going to the bathroom.It's like it takes me an hr. to relax in that area each day enough to go.Then I only go a little,so I try to distract myself by doing something mundane. I have to keep going just a little all morning. Doing any exercise or running an errand will stop the system for the rest of the day. Then I just feel like my stomach is stretched and hard and sore all day and prob. until the next day or whenever I can get straightened out.
If for some reason I have to leave the house early I spend all day attending to my stomach and rushing to find a bathroom whenever I have the slightest twing that might be a call to "go".It's also a day full of gas and trying to avoid being around anyone when that hits.It just feels awful to be clogged up.Nothing fits and I don't want to do anything.I hate this,so I try real hard to avoid it.
I know a lot of it is tied to anxiety which I need to work on.
I just returned from visiting my daughter for 2 weeks and it was so hard to avoid a major problem w/my tummy.
I often feel like a prisoner to my bowels,guess everyone else here does too. Thanks for all the replies and th question. Suzy

Wow Jamie, Never thought anyone would actually do this. Good for you.-nt- new
      #44979 - 02/14/04 09:25 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

--------------------

Re: Wow Jamie, Never thought anyone would actually do this. Good for you.-nt- new
      #44983 - 02/14/04 10:06 AM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I actually got the GPS as a back up in case the one in the plane fails, I'm programming all the airports that I fly to in, but since there's no washroom in the plane I fly, it's also the nearest washrooms

#45007 - 02/14/04 02:47 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

I HAVE C. BUT I THINK D IS THE WORSE THING TO HAVE WITH IBS EVERYONE. JASPER

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#45012 - 02/14/04 03:40 PM
ArtKen

Reged: 07/12/03
Loc: Brantford, Ontario, Canada

D. While C has been a problem as of late with D you have to make sure a washroom is nearby.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1829 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review