All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Re: New member.
      #44339 - 02/11/04 12:16 PM
Heather Fraser

Reged: 01/08/04
Loc: Ohio

I have just ordered the #2 Kit. Have had IBS all my life but it's worse now following radiation treatments. I need all the help I can get. Prescriptions meds are not helping and I don't seem to be able to get my diet right. Plus I'm worried about lack of nutrition because I can't eat much fruit or veggies. I need all the help I can get.

--------------------
Heather

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New member. new
      #44347 - 02/11/04 12:30 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Welcome Heather, and you are in the right place if you need help. Take some time to learn about IBS and the diet plan and you will start to feel better. And you'll be able to add in the fruits and veggies we all need to be healthy. We all have to sneak those things in with our meals. There's lots of helpful info on this website and espcecially in Heather's books but feel free to post any questions you have or you can't find the answer to.

Keep in touch!
Debby

#44416 - 02/11/04 06:17 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Remember that some veggies are soluble fibre. Carrots, any other root vegetables, avocadoes...they're all actually good for IBS. And trying mashing or pureeing other stuff to minimise the insoluble fibre. Also, cooked apple is good (it's mushable then) so get baking with the cinnamon and sugar....Mmmm, getting hungry....Why have I no apples at home?!

#44511 - 02/12/04 07:04 AM
Heather Fraser

Reged: 01/08/04
Loc: Ohio

Thanks. I had found out by chance that cooked carrots agree with me. Also, that I can eat apples if they are well cooked.

--------------------
Heather

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1750 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 463

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review