All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stomach tightness?
      #43434 - 02/05/04 10:09 PM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Right now i'm not really having an attack, but my stomach just feels tight. Sort of like after you've had a really good laugh, or run a long distance and your stomach sort of hurts. It's not real painful, just there. I've taken a Gas-X, and drank some peppermint tea, but nothings helped so far so i'm hoping that if I just go to bed it will go away. But have any of you experienced this type of stomach discomfort?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stomach tightness? new
      #43435 - 02/05/04 10:43 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi Rosie; i get that feeling all the time wheN I eat too much. Thought I was the only one! BEST I can do for it is just to drink lots of water to settle it down. I hate a tight stomach. It is especially uncomfortable since I started taking acacia. It feels like gas bubbles these days. Hope this info is helpful to you.

#43457 - 02/06/04 06:53 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yes, I think I know what you mean. As a matter of fact I felt that way yesterday. I had a pretty small lunch as usual, and felt like I had eaten a huge four course dinner! My stomach felt all full and stretched! Is that what you mean? The bad news is I don't know what to do about it... I just dealt with it, and eventually it went away.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#43471 - 02/06/04 08:24 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Yea, I think I overdid it with the 3 or 4 pieces of pizza I ate last night, I also ate them pretty fast. It was my whole stomach last night, but now it's more into different sections. I'm brewing some peppermint tea right now, so hopefully that, along with my acacia will help me feel right again for the day.

Re: stomach tightness and Eating too fast new
      #43507 - 02/06/04 12:01 PM
kctrun

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Virginia

Eating too fast-
I am guilty of that. Other than giving up coffee (which I have) it is the harderst thing for me to overcome. I always feel like I could be getting so much done while I am spending all of this time chewing! I have to find a way to force myself to slow down!!! I get that tight feeling too, it is the pitts!
Feel Better!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1346 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 848

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review