All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Need LOTS of support
      #43388 - 02/05/04 04:52 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

Well, I went to the Dr. today. well, actually a nurse practioner, but she is great...I saw her a long time ago before we moved away, any how....She has IBS too, which I knew and is one of the reasons I went to her. She is going to up my zoloft, but wants me gradually to go off of the xanax, Im like GREAT...now Im dealing with this too, but I really want to get off of it. Ive been on it for 13 years, but Ive weaned myself down from 1 mg a day to a half...I know I can do it, I just need reasurance, with upping the zoloft, I will be less stressed anyway.

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need LOTS of support new
      #43404 - 02/05/04 06:42 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

You'll be fine, kiddo! Expect a few bumps in the road, but it's nothing you can't handle. I had to taper off paxil and go on to effexor this fall and yes, I had some moments. They're short lived, and you know what is causing it. Think of how good you'll feel to have accomplished your goal! In the meantime, we're here for you!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#43414 - 02/05/04 07:14 PM
nurturingkneads

thanks

--------------------
Gretchen

#43542 - 02/06/04 03:42 PM
nurturingkneads

Im really nervous about this

--------------------
Gretchen

#43560 - 02/06/04 06:10 PM
joanmarie

Reged: 11/09/03
Loc: iowa

Hard to believe, but it really will work. I've seen lots of really nervous people being weaned from meds like xanax or stronger. It really is best to be off it if you can. I would suggest trying several types of relaxation techniques when you feel anxious and see what works best for you. Michaels relaxation tapes (there are tons of other ones too), taking a really long hot shower and concentrating on the sound and feel of the water, yoga, guided imagery, mindfulness, meditation, exercise..... try a bunch and see what works. The zoloft should help too. Good luck! You really can do it!

#43979 - 02/09/04 07:20 PM
kathyjo

Reged: 02/03/04

Hi,
I have upped my zoloft 2X's last year. I helps the pain and my migrains too. I dont feel any different(sleepy wise) but it is working for the migrains, not as many (so far). Just have a open mind with trying different meds or changing the doses. You never know how it will work for you,if you don't try it.
Good luck--
kathy jo

#44253 - 02/11/04 06:30 AM
sugar

Reged: 02/08/03
Loc: Calistoga, CA

You can do it! We are here for you! Remember you
only have to do something One Day At A Time or
one minute or one hour. Try not to think in terms
of long distance. Stay in the Now and you will be
okay. This will be a memory soon and you are going
to gain so much self esteem and good health from it.

--------------------
A Safe Place

#45072 - 02/15/04 09:38 AM
marjo

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I also was on xanax for 13 years, off and on. Last August I went off it, I was down to one pill. It is a scary step, but the hypnotherapy tapes really helped me with my anxiety problems. Lots of Luck to you

--------------------
Everything somehow always works out for the best.

#45077 - 02/15/04 10:03 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Lots of support and hugs!!! I been also fighting going on paxil which my Dr. wants me to do to gain weight?? I figured if I have to use a ssri's I rather try the newer effexor. I heard zoloft works wonders also.We are here for you and this is this best support group you'll have. Keep us updated, in the meantime your in my thoughts and prayers and remember even though we go through rough times, we are truely God's soldiers and we are here to prove we are WINNERS, SURVIVORS AND ACHIEVERS!

#45112 - 02/15/04 01:59 PM
nurturingkneads

did you have any side effects when you quit your last pill? Im going to talk to her about taking it more slowly. Im the kind of person who has to do it in their own time...so we will see.

--------------------
Gretchen

#45113 - 02/15/04 02:02 PM
nurturingkneads

thanks for the toughtful words. Im doing better in the depression and anxiety area...but I had a mild stomach bug the end of the week and that threw me off a bit, but my D is a little better...I went for a week til the bug and did not take an immodium...so I guess thats good I did have some mild cramping but it was the kind you just go and forget it. I wish i could do that all the time.

--------------------
Gretchen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2687 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1341

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review