Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
no sleeping for me.
      #42748 - 02/03/04 02:47 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Will here I sat all by my little self at 2:23 AM Feb 3 guess
every one is in bed but dumb me.that is what you get when you get my age,my feet & legs hurt,my ears hurt,an my poor tummy hurts,I can just sat here an talk to my self an no one cares.hope it will be a better day tomorrow,but some times I don,t think there are any better days for me.Bev told me once you only are as old as you feel.tonight I feel about 100.can,t seem to get any get up an go.I have a joke to tell on myself.we where out driveing an I really had to go bad,I told my hubby to stop I didn,t care where just stop.he did I jump out of the car an run into this bar ,now girls remember I live in Las Vegas an it was a GO GO danceing club.I shut my eyes an kept runing till I found the bath room.an shut my eyes all the way out.but oh did it feel good.happy I made it.so these thing do happen.you may get another story about me tomorrow night,

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: no sleeping for me. new
      #42817 - 02/03/04 11:39 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

LOL!! Gerry, that's real funny about the go go bar!

This weekend, I was counting out my pills for an upcoming trip -- talk about feeling old - I need a suitcase just for my meds!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#42820 - 02/03/04 11:58 AM
Gerry10

I use to laught at my moms over night no I think they were called train case,s back then.full of pills not no more I have a suit case full.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#42879 - 02/03/04 03:43 PM
masayo

Reged: 01/17/04
Loc: mexico

well i have some insomnia so maybe i should get on this when i do...i have a funny and embarrasing thing i do....here goes...because we travel and live in mexico...nothing like las vegas...just road sometimes nothing else, no bathrooms for miles...and i get nervous on the trips and think....what if i have to go...what do i do...the sides of the roads are full of weeds and other scary things...there are tons of travelers on the roads...anyway sometimes you cant find a bathroom...so...my alternitive..a kitty litter box...i know, i know, sounds insane but works...havent had to use it yet...and lucky we have a SUV vehicle. I have a cat and we buy bulk containers of litter in a pale and i just put some litter at the bottom for emergencies...covers up the you know and i am not having it in my pants...
so there is my emergency kit...not really meds but safety net...
silly me, michelle

#42891 - 02/03/04 04:50 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Michelle - That's pretty creative!

Gerry - You're too funny! Looking forward to your next story!

#42893 - 02/03/04 05:07 PM
sugar

Reged: 02/08/03
Loc: Calistoga, CA

masayo..very good idea!

Not only have I got a suitcase full of pills and
medicines but now I'm carrying a small 4 cup coffee
maker so I can drink my tea, plus various safe foods.

Sam can't understand why I have so much luggage
and not many clothes with me when we are traveling.

--------------------
A Safe Place

Re: Masayo. new
      #42928 - 02/04/04 02:51 AM
Gerry10

I have one right back for you.it got so bad there for awhile
I couldn,t even go down the street with out haveing to go .never knew when it was going to hit me.so I stop going any where.just would not leave my house.we also have a SUV
so we got a portable pot,had are window in the back darken so you can,t see in them,I haven,t had to use it yet,but it is there when I need it.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: Masayo new
      #42930 - 02/04/04 03:06 AM
Gerry10

It may be embarrasing but it is there if you need it,more embarrasing if you did it in your pants.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#43025 - 02/04/04 10:43 AM
masayo

Gerry that is too funny. Great minds think alike i guess. We have the same dark tint and space. Haven't had to use mine yet either. Hee Hee.
It reminds me of when I was a child and we had a little child portable potty on long trips with my family. But now Im 29 and feeling like Im 3 again with the "portable toilet".
Michelle

#43037 - 02/04/04 11:19 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I don't have anything like that in my car, but whenever my parents and I go anywhere with our horses, our preferred method of travel is either our truck (with truck camper that has a bathroom), or our motorhome that also has a bathroom. This was very nice for me when I was younger, and is also relieves a lot of stress when I need to travel with them.

#43082 - 02/04/04 02:52 PM
masayo

RosieChica...Lucky you..I would prefer to have a bathroom more comfortable than what I have. Luckily havent had to use it, but it is a comfortable feeling to know its there. I think it helps me from getting attacks. Less stress
I hate it when we go on vacation or on trips for business and have to use a taxi...the taxi rides are usually brutal..I get so nervous. But i just breathe and take imodium before.
Michelle

#43086 - 02/04/04 03:36 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

This thread reminded me of a book which I know is around the house somewhere but I can't find it right now. Its called "how to [censored] in the woods" It's written by a woman for people into real roughing it - not the wimpy camping I've done with the bathrooms nearby the tent. Its very funny, but its not a joke, its actually full of methods of, "toileting," as the pre-school teachers at my wife's school call it, for people out in the woods. I'll see if I can find it and post the author if anyone's interested. -dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#43087 - 02/04/04 03:40 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

well shoot, i got censored! Its the actual title! Anyway I its pretty obvious.
dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#43177 - 02/04/04 07:55 PM
Gerry10

we also have a RV an I made my husband take it everywhere because of the bathroom.then he got the SUV an a potty for me.I think they should make cars with potty for people with IBS ha ha.maybe then we would go out more.you use to be able to stop at gas stations but you can,t do that any more.
or put a hole in the floor.oh I,m so bad .

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 518 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1827

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review