All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Chinese Food--Reults...
      #42073 - 01/30/04 11:54 AM
zf

Reged: 01/05/04

Hi! Thanks for your ideas and support on my office Chinese food outing. Turns out the grill was not in working order so I could not have my grilled chicken. I began to panick. I ordered a small bowl of steamed rice and green tea to start. Then I ordered a large veggie soup (no MSG) with vermecelli noudles. There were so many people at the table and it was so loud that no one really noticed my problem, which I am thankful for, so I did not feel like a freak. I felt good and healthy as I watched others eat fried noodles and general tao. Also, about 45 min. before lunch I had 1/2 banana and some bread at my desk so my tummy would not be empty. Thanks again everyone, I am so happy I found something safe to eat at a Chinese resto! I do not have any symptoms!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Congratulations! -nt- new
      #42083 - 01/30/04 12:31 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Re: Chinese Food--Reults... new
      #42091 - 01/30/04 12:55 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Yay! Isn't it fantastic when you find something that tastes good and keeps your belly happy!

#42092 - 01/30/04 12:58 PM
Alan

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Staten Island, New York

I'm chinese and I can't eat finish food. LOL

#42114 - 01/30/04 01:51 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Yay! That's great zf! I haven't had Chinese food in so long because all those veggies and sauces scare me too, so I'm so glad to hear you had a good experience!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Alan, that was my laugh for the day!!! Stick around and keep giving us the good one liners!-nt- new
      #42124 - 01/30/04 03:33 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

--------------------

Re: Alan, that was my laugh for the day!!! Stick around and keep giving us the good one liners!-nt- new
      #42129 - 01/30/04 03:51 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

i don't get it, what was the funny part?

#42138 - 01/30/04 04:22 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

thats so weird that you have avoided chinese food. whenever i have to go out to dinner i always suggest chinese, japanese, thai- whatever asian rest. i can find. its the only place i know i can get plain rice, noodles, or chicken. italian, mexican, french- i cant go to any of those places...but chinese food should always be a safe choice!

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

#42148 - 01/30/04 04:54 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hmm... that don't really have plain anything on the menu at my local Chinese restaurant, unless you want just white rice. And isn't a lot of Americanized Chinese food breaded and fried?? That's what scares me. And those fried eggrolls... ugh.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#42164 - 01/30/04 05:55 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Me too. I'm the same way. I even had to avoid a lunch out with my aerobic group that was celebrating everyone's birthday that was in Jan. because they were going for Italian food. And that's a double whammy for me since I'm wheat allergic so I couldn't even eat plain spaghetti. Ug. Mexican is doable but only with lots of soft corn tortillas and no cheese or spicey sauces. That leaves soft chicken tacos, no cheese, and some rice.
French? Forget it.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6641

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review