All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Good article, whacko conclusion new
      #318007 - 11/05/07 02:00 PM
yeltom

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: Austin, TX

I realize you're at your limit re: high-protein diets, but I can't help ask whether you've read this? web page
I don't necessarily doubt that high-protein diets are bad for IBS, but suggesting that such diets are bad for everyone and every condition seems highly questionable. What you assume is basic fact and biology is actually highly controversial. People used to be certain that the earth was flat and the center of the universe.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Good article, whacko conclusion new
      #318019 - 11/05/07 04:08 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

For me, and again I am only speaking for me, I feel much better when I follow a low carb diet. I eat a lot of fresh fruits, veggies, meats, fish, poultry, but reduce grains and try to eliminate refined sugar when I can. I lose the high carb cravings as well after I stay away from them for awhile. I am rarely "hungry" and keep my weight off no problem. For those with a fungal condition (yeast overgrowth),following a low carb diet may be necessary to get well again. I guess that's why I feel so much better.

KIm???? new
      #318070 - 11/06/07 12:17 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Can you give an example daily menu that you follow?

and what do you use as a SF cushion? Or don't you.

Thanks

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: KIm???? new
      #318090 - 11/06/07 02:03 PM
kim123

I don't follow any particular "diet" right now, but still stay close to what I used to follow. To help me get better, I followed an antifungal diet. It included:
meats-beef, fish, poultry, eggs
nuts- most except no peanuts or pistachios
veggies- most except no corn, mushrooms, potatoes
beverages- water, water, water, herbal teas
fruits- green apples, all berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries...), grapefruit, lemons, limes, avocados, vegetable juice
Dairy- plain yogurt-no fillers, real butter, sour cream/cream cheese occasionally

Later in the diet-grains such as oats, brown rice,quinoa, buckwheat, millet,amaranth, barley, flour tortillas (no yeast!)

You can see it is really an "un"processed food diet. I ate as much as I wanted of any of the foods listed above. The hardest part was/is the preparation. It is much easier to open a can or box

Candidiasis/Dysbiosis new
      #318120 - 11/06/07 08:51 PM
yeltom

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: Austin, TX

That makes a lot of sense to me. I was diagnosed with dysbiosis, which implies overgrowth of both fungi and bad bacteria. Right now I'm focusing on the bad bacteria (colloidal silver, grapefruit extract, INsoluble fiber), but soon I will be doing a candida cleanse, and that sounds both appropriate and doable. Might be hard for me not to sneak real cheese every once in a while. I hope to get most of my protein from fish and eggs.

Re: Candidiasis/Dysbiosis new
      #318171 - 11/07/07 02:44 PM
kim123

I wish you much luck! If you need emotional support, I'm always here

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 227 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15776

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review