All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Chicken Soup
      #39364 - 01/21/04 06:29 AM
Lorraine

Reged: 01/20/04

Hi, I just started yesterday & don't know much about how to eat. I went to the area on chicken soup but am wondering something. I have a large can of 99% fat free broth(49.5 oz.). Do you think I can use that in my chicken soup? I have several items I would like to use up. I have egg noodles too. What do you think of using them one time?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicken Soup new
      #39371 - 01/21/04 07:24 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I would think that the chicken soup sounds pretty safe. The next step would be Fat Free, but I would say you are pretty darn close with that anyways.

Also - the egg noodles, be sure they are yolk free because egg yolks are a NO NO for us!

Are you having trouble deciding on meal ideas? You never really finished your question on your other thread so I was unable to help you more.

Do you have Heather's books? You can order them online here or get them from a local bookstore, that's where I got my first one and I am in Canada and was able to get it.

I think the Eating for IBS cookbook is the best for people just starting with the diet...it gives you an idea what a person can and can't have and helps to ensure that you don't just live on a bland diet.

Good luck,

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Chicken Soup new
      #39372 - 01/21/04 07:25 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I tolerate Swansons type chicken broth fine, but I'd be careful with it if you're not sure. It does contain chicken fat and some other not-so-wonderful ingredients, so others have mentioned that buying organic is better. As for the egg noodles, they're probably not so great either! Most egg noodles contain the yolks, which are a big IBS trigger! I buy No Yolks brand, which only contain the egg whites, and I don't notice a difference in the taste! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I promise you'll get used to all this and you'll feel so much better when you start eating safely!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Chicken Soup/MSG new
      #39380 - 01/21/04 08:16 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Watch out for any MSG in the broth. Swanson now makes one that's low fat and has no MSG in it, but before just recently they didn't. I've accidently purchased the MSG full ones and gotten sick over it. The law states now that MSG has to be listed as a separate ingredient, it's no longer legal to include it in "natural flavorings".

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1033 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review