All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: NO Big Deal! new
      #39008 - 01/19/04 05:21 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

sorry----------sorry wrong station.Gerry.just trying to make the girl feel good.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Discouraged... new
      #39011 - 01/19/04 05:49 PM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Hi LauraSue, So sorry you are having such a rough time.I know it feels discouraging,plus the actual pain makes it hard for me to trust that it can get better.I remember feeling that way too. when I started out,and whenever I had another attack.Now less than 3 mos. later I feel so much better a lot of the time.This gives me a good reminder that things will settle down.It just seems to take a while for your stomach to become less stressed or reactionary.Stick w/us.It will get better.

Re: Discouraged...Update! Day 10! new
      #39091 - 01/20/04 08:24 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Feeling better today, and reading your replies made me laugh out loud. What a great group of people you are! Thanks for the encouragement. By the way, I should have put quotes around "bread and water." It was a figure of speech, not a literal description of my diet! I did however eat the plain spaghetti last night and you know what...it tasted really good!

And today so far, knock wood, I'm much better. Just have that feeling like you know your stomach is still a little off and the least thing could tip you back to a bad place? But I'm babying it. Had a plain toasted english muffin with just a little cinnamon sugar for breakfast, NO butter! Aren't I good??!!

So I've made it 10 days with no D. Let's see if I can get through 11!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#39093 - 01/20/04 08:27 AM
angelfire

Reged: 12/09/03

Good girl for saying no to the butter! And glad that you're feeling a little better. Hang in there, chica!

#39101 - 01/20/04 08:38 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I know this all to well too.. I had a gastrinitis in my gi tract and it took 3 months for me to kick it. When I did IBS set in. Started out with hommade chicken soup and rice added back carrots cooked and zucchini slowy, I ate this for breakfast/lunch/dinner for 5 days. Stable I was and when I had my first normal b/m added back eggs (sustitute)
wheat free waffles and grilled chicken, rice pudding, Heather's recipes one at a time. You'll get there. I still having trouble with liquids though? Ican drink minute maid lemonade, water, chamomile tea, rice milk, hot cocoa, but kind get past that my tummy goes nuts. Take care and stay upbeat it will happen for you!!Lots of HUgs!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3507

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review