All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Acacia question..(Sorry if it's too gross) new
      #37620 - 01/15/04 09:25 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Your normal to say..but what is normal anyways..the acacia takes more than a week for your body to adjust. Since you were not eating a balanced diet before, your body is adjusting to that also. It's like a baby, when you introduce new foods and they pass gas or have b/m that are smelly. Introduce your body slowly to foods you haven't tried for a while and this will also determine what foods cause the ibs flare up. Avoid the ones that gas and or cause the symptoms. Once the Acacia gets adjusted with your body, try those foods again. Try beano also or a digestzyme.
After two weeks on the acacia you should improve, it's just like any other fiber supplement. If you have Diahhrea you should a improvement within 3 to 5 days. If you have constipation within 1 week you should see a improvement by week two if no improvement then see your Doc. or try a new supplement. I'm getting back to eating as well and sometimes get smelly gass. I dont use a fiber supplement yet. I doing ok with the diet and tea regimen. Good luck hope you get some relief soon.
Sherri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any remedies for gas?? new
      #37638 - 01/15/04 09:49 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I swear by Gas-X, or Phazyme or RiteAid Gas Relief. They're all the same thing, simethicone, and it really helps me.
Laura

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: Acacia question..(Sorry if it's too gross) new
      #37640 - 01/15/04 09:54 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

how could you go without eating anything for DAYS? you are starving yourself! MAN or women cannot live on supllements alone. unhealthy!

Re: "Super Digestaway" new
      #37657 - 01/15/04 10:41 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry, can't remember the name of the enzyme I take, its home I'm at work! Any health food store should be able to reccommend one for you. It is different than beano and gas-x. Some people believe some IBS problems are caused when our bellies don't break down enough of the food and thats what the digestive enzymes help to do.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: AngelKitty new
      #37662 - 01/15/04 10:46 AM
angelfire

Reged: 12/09/03

I've sinced purchased a tea ball, (I'd heard they didn't work well, but have had no problems with it), but I did try your coffee-filter/twist tie idea - my husband was calling it MacGuyver tea (sp?) (after the TV show), since it was a "jerry-rigged" tea-bag. LOL It worked fine, though, so thanks for the idea.

Re: Digestive enzymes? new
      #37748 - 01/15/04 02:24 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I take Papaya enzymes after every meal. It has been a life saver! It was since taking these that I stopped having my full fledged attacks. They are chewables that I can carry around with me -- and are so easy to take... They have really made a HUGE difference.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3765 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review