All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I guess I am NOT cured, LOL!
      #372752 - 03/08/16 03:19 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello All,

Most of you know that I have listened to the 100 Day Hypnosis CDs twice and have gotten a LOT of improvement.

So, over the last few months, I have tried wine and salads. Well, last night, I had a salad with red and green butter lettuce, 3 small pieces of pickled beets and salad dressing (lite). I also had a fifth of a small glass of Moscato wine.

On most of the occasions I have had these foods, I was just FINE, but last night I had a bad bout of diarrhea. I DO have to add, though, I haven't had this since late 2015, so I am not doing TOO badly!

My question is this: Do you HAVE to stay on the BRAT diet ALL day after you have diarrhea, or can you eat safe foods later in the day like turkey? I have always followed the BRAT diet all of the next day to be safe.

I AM frustrated because I thought I could have a little salad and wine!

Thanks for your input!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I guess I am NOT cured, LOL! new
      #372759 - 03/10/16 12:08 AM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

There is no actual cure for IBS, although so,e people can avoid symptoms. But everyone has diarrhea from time to time, even without a diagnosis of IBS. You might even have the same meal another time and be just fine.

Don't be to concerned over a perceived setback, and focus on all the many days you have been doing well. The episode is now over, but posting and writing and focusing and reading about it just reinforces it. So instead of having this one setback, you have now revisited it by writing this post, emailing me, and reading the replies.

It is great to get support from others, but if you are really concerned you should contact your health care provider, because everyone is different and what may work for one person may not for another. There are so many variables, maybe the wine was bad, maybe you just had an off day, maybe it is the IBS, but I know this because 15 years ago I was you, until Imwasmdown to crackers and water because eventually every food I ate resulted in severe symptoms.

I would say off hand to not worry about it if you are feeling OK now. But if you are still in diarrhea mode, then consult with your doctor.

Chances are, it is just a one deal thing, as all folks get now and then, and you will get back in the positive track soon!

All the best to you and take good care! (((HUG)))

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Re: I guess I am NOT cured, LOL! new
      #372760 - 03/10/16 02:39 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Thanks SO much Marilyn! You are RIGHT! I DO obsess over this way too much!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2909

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review