All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
mornings???
      #372634 - 12/28/15 07:52 AM
house21

Reged: 07/24/15

Why is my ibs worse the first half of the day and more stable towards the evening?
No matter what i try and eat for breakfast, it always leaves me running to the bathroom about 10 mins after eating.

Also i heard that fat actually slows down digestion...but why is it such a powerful stimulant then? When i eat high fat i have D
I am more on the D side then C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: mornings??? new
      #372636 - 12/29/15 03:56 PM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

A lot of people have their biggest problems in the morning because that is when your intestines wake up so to speak. I personally don't see why having to run to the bathroom ten minutes after eating is an issue.

Fat does not slow digestion. It's just the opposite...if you don't have enough healthy fats Healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, and flax oil) it may slow bowel movement. Even animal fat to a certain degree is good for you (if it's from grass fed). It's the trans fats that are not healthy. We've been fed a bunch of rubbish over the years about how bad fat is for you when it's not; as long as it's the right fat.

#372637 - 12/30/15 09:27 AM
house21

Reged: 07/24/15

Thanks for the reply.

Its is an issue as it usually leaves me feeling 'incomplete' and bloated like there is more still in me. And its usually on the sticky side, not like a good formed stool should be.

Its tricky as i know fat is a trigger for me if i have a high fat meal and also too much fiber is also in issue for me.

Its wierd because if i go upon waking, after breakfast i have all those issues...but if my body doesn't go before breakfast (can help or predict it either way) and i just go after breakfast then it tends to be better for some reason.

#372645 - 12/31/15 11:22 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

house, if you have facebook, become a member of IBS Nerds: Causes and Solutions. It is the most informative, best FB page you will find on gut related issues. The adminis are great and very responsive and everyone is treated with respect. You will find information there that you won't find most other places.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3281

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review