All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hellmann's FULL fat mayo
      #372390 - 08/15/15 01:21 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello All,

Due to foot surgery on 7/27, I am NOT able to do my own grocery shopping. My husband bought this product instead of the Lite mayo I usually get. I have tried using it, but I think it is causing me a LOT of grief!

Today right after lunch I had two IBS attacks. I made it to the bathroom within seconds of the second one, thank God!

I told him today to please purchase the lite or fat free versions from NOW on!!

Below is the link and you can click on nutritional info.

I should KNOW better by now, but I stupidly thought I could HANDLE this!

http://www.hellmanns.com/product/detail/97847/real-mayonnaise

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hellmann's FULL fat mayo/Tofu Mayo (mainly soy protein) w no HFCS and VERY low-fat. new
      #372393 - 08/15/15 07:22 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Tofu Mayo
This is a very low-fat substitute for mayonnaise.

1 package Mori Nu lite silken firm tofu (Turn opened box upside down with fingers covering/pushing up to drain)
2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon granulated sugar or 1/16 teaspoon only of "pure" stevia (no fillers)

In a blender or (easier clean-up) with a stick blender: Combine tofu, vinegar, salt, mustard and sweetener. Blend until smooth. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 10 servings.

Edited by sgcray (08/15/15 10:41 PM)

Re: Hellmann's FULL fat mayo/Tofu Mayo (mainly soy protein) w no HFCS and VERY low-fat. new
      #372396 - 08/16/15 02:36 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Thanks much, sgcray!!

I am on my 81st day of the 100 days of the IBS Hypnosis CDs and it DOES appear they are NOT working very well!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Re: Tofu mayo/CDs/Elavil (amitriptyline) new
      #372397 - 08/16/15 03:32 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

That tofu mayo is really good for being tofu:). I could not find a fat-free mayo that was free of the HFCS.

I was really hoping the CDs would help better too for you..They mostly softened the edges on the daily problems caused by the ibs by helping me relax, but didn't resolve the motility problem which I am taking the Elavil 25mg for;At the low dose it didn't cause any constipation at all or any weight gain. At 25mg I split it 1/2 at bedtime and 1/2 in morning which slows motility better. The main problem is the hormones fluctuating bothering ibs-d. Progesterone increase didn't help, but think I'll be done with the peri-menopause soon hopefully

Edited by sgcray (08/16/15 06:27 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1863 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3804

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review