All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C and Weightloss surgey
      #372213 - 07/15/15 03:17 PM
RedTearsBlackWings

Reged: 12/31/12

Hi all,
I have had IBS-C for my whole life and recently I developed Fibromyalgia which has made it hard to do much exercise thus I'm now way too heavy. I've had anti-reflux surgery which means there is too much scar tissue for a gastic band to work, my only two options are the bypass or sleeve.
I'm very conserned about the surgery making my IBS worse, has anyone has IBS-C had a bypass or sleeve? Has anyone who have had these surgeries had worse cramping?
I will never get to a healthy weight without surgery but I am already in a lot of pain and I'm really worried about adding to that pain with IBS cramping and flair ups. Any advice would be very helpful.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-C and Weightloss surgey new
      #372215 - 07/15/15 11:32 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

In reading your other posts recently, I'm wondering if the effexor has to do with the extreme hunger in the past, yet saw reviews that it has helped people with fibromyalgia

#372230 - 07/18/15 04:20 AM
RedTearsBlackWings

Reged: 12/31/12

I've been on Effexor for years, since 2011 or so. I've been struggling with weight and hunger for my whole life. Effexor isn't known to help with Neuropathic pain which is the type of pain associated with fibro. People with fibro are put on Effexor because of the psychological effects of fibro, particually the depression, anxiety, and sleeping issues. Cymbalta, Endep, and some anti-epileptic medicatins help neuropathic pain and I can't take any of those. I've had Fibro since 09, I'be tried everything and frankly I don't want anyone else trying to tell me about Fibro cures or treatments. Please stay on topic, I can't be typing out 7 years worth of information about my Fibro treatment.
Do you have any information about how IBS-C is affected by a Gastric Bypass? I have only a few months before I get the money together for the surgery, I want to know how it will effect my IBS.

#372231 - 07/19/15 12:58 AM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

You might have to search outside this ibs group, here's one reference:ibs better/worse

Edited by sgcray (07/19/15 07:02 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1886 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3251

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review