All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I had a TERRIBLE night last night!!
      #372094 - 05/06/15 03:42 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hi All,

I thought I was doing SO well by taking the Zoloft that over the last few weeks I ate a LOT of things I should not have.

At first I had NO problems and was CONVINCED I was FINALLY on the mend, but I guess NOT!!

Last night I was up until past 4 a.m. with MANY BMs, including LOTS of loose stools!

I put myself on the BRAT diet today and I hope I'll be able to eat normally again tomorrow!

I'm feeling REALLY down about this though, since I thought I could OVERCOME my IBS!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I had a TERRIBLE night last night!! new
      #372097 - 05/08/15 08:23 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Candy I have at times thought I had this beat only to have the symptoms come roaring back. I hope you feel better soon. Living with this can be challenging but I sure feel better when I am following Heathers guidelines. Take care.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#372098 - 05/08/15 02:15 PM
Candy07

Thanks a lot, franny!

But when I strictly follow Heather's guidelines I STILL feel DEPRIVED and CHEATED, especially when I see everybody ELSE being able to EAT and DRINK whatever the heck they want with NO consequences AT ALL!!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#372099 - 05/08/15 03:33 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I did and sometimes do go through some grieving over certain foods. I am celiac so I can't have gluten either...HARD. I had to keep pushing my boundaries and admitting that while my friends went home from a restaurant or party feeling fine I went home sick all night or many days. You can do this and the people on these boards are very supportive. Hope you find a way to be happy with the wonderful choices of foods you do have available. Have a good day.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#372103 - 05/10/15 01:08 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

I understand you had a bad night. I am the same.. working on the diet, feeling better.. cheating more and more and then doing bad again.. Yes, it sucks if you see other people eating things we cannot but hey..there are so much other much worse things people can have which you don't even can see. Like cancer, a bad and sore hip or back, a whiplash. To be honest.. If you can handle the diet well, you can eat very healthy and tasty things. We would go have lunch on the road in a restaurant before. Now we take some chickenlegs, sushi and horseradisch cocktail sauce with shrimps with us. Perhaps a bit of tuna salad. It give so much more peace in the head.. and being angry on what you cannot have just closes your mind for the good things you may have. Try to make that change in your mind.. and if you want to cheat.. just cheat and take the bad night/day with a smile. Calculate it in your life..

Good luck!
Saskia

#372104 - 05/10/15 10:33 AM
Candy07

Thanks Sassie for your great post! I will try hard to keep these things in mind!

Actually, I just lost a close friend to Stage 4 colon cancer last month! So compared to HIM, I am doing FANTASTIC!!

--------------------

#372106 - 05/10/15 07:15 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Sorry about your friend Candy..

#372117 - 05/13/15 03:43 PM
Candy07

I have kept a VERY detailed food and bathroom diary for over a year now!

And I think I found the culprit for my diarrhea AGAIN last night, 5/12! It's the so-called Better Than Sour Cream by Tofutti brands. The link is below. I threw it out today and will call the manufacturer tomorrow. I'll also let my local health food store know too!

Thanks to everyone that replied to my original post!

http://www.tofutti.com/dairy-free-cheeses/sour-cream/non-hydrogenated-better-than-sour-cream/

--------------------

#372119 - 05/17/15 06:56 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Sorry to read about your friend.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2419 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6470

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review