All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
More peppermint oil--sorry!
      #371596 - 11/07/14 09:19 AM
ssr1

Reged: 03/11/14

I posted before I was ready...meant to add: sometimes the wrench will last for hours and shut me down almost completely from being productive. What I would HOPE the peppermint would do is ease up the wrench to alleviate pain and maybe enable some movement, pass some gas, etc.
thanks again!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: More peppermint oil--sorry! new
      #371598 - 11/07/14 12:17 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Add to your regimine: If not taking acacia or taking 2x/day, build up the soluble acacia fiber spread THROUGHOUT the day before eating. So, if starting out, it would be, instead of taking the 1/2 teas. 2x/day, you would spread that really small worth of actually 1 teas. total throughout the day;Add 1/2 teas. every 4-5 days as per instructions, but spread out, and only until stable. That's how I worked it. It says you can sprinkle it on food instead. I put a mouthful of water in my mouth, then the amt. needed with meas. spoon, swish and swallow. I've also manually put into gel caps the amt. needed. C people can end up stablizing needing more than D people;I ended up at 3T/day total. I was pelleting BMs alternating with watery, but never not going/day constipating. Now, I get the firmer little larger stool at the beginning of the day mainly, but get skinny/not watery one thereafter 95% of the time and after first 2 main meals usually. When hormones are fluctuating, I'll get an addit. for the day, but watery BM, yet no cramping. I do use the peppermint caps/tummy tamers before each of the 3 main meals. NEVER noticed any gas from the acacia fiber..Does not cause bloating or gas..See ad.

Edited by sgcray (11/07/14 11:55 PM)

#371600 - 11/07/14 01:09 PM
ssr1

Thanks so much sgcray! (hope I read your name right?)...I should have mentioned--I have tried Heather's acacia many times over the last 15 years, to no avail. I cannot tolerate it, even when building up from teensy portions. Now I know the reason why (or one of them). It is the SIBO...acacia is a prebiotic and none of them are well tolerated by people with SIBO. Sad but true. I am trying to understand your mention of the peppermint...are you saying it helped you and did NOT slow your system down?
thanks! SSR

Re: More peppermint oil/PLUS.. new
      #371604 - 11/07/14 11:18 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Peppermint doesn't slow me, just relaxes and opens up. I read your posts;Sounds like you have more die off than some still;The slow building up of acacia causing you intolerable gas even though slower ferments generally, but more by the "good" bacteria than other PREbiotics;So maybe help prevent excessive gas with the peppermint caps before it while you slowly build it. Especially if the soluble food ratio (more gassy than acacia) intake isn't enough to help regulate your BMs alone. Takes so much of the guesswork out of food intake. I also take silicone to absorb excess gas only very occasionally..all while building up slowly probiotic and less transient good bacterias in non-dairy kefir that also includes S. boulardi yeast that I culture (Body Ecology starter) that can cause gas if built up too fast. I like good absorption Magnesium glycinate/lycinate chelated by Doctor's Best, less zipping like oxide or citrate forms for me;but, since it is generally suggested for max. absorption and proper balance, Try 1:1 ratio of calcium only to mag. for you? Too much protein or enriched alt. milks can cause constipation. Eating or drinking too much too fast or delayed can cause me gas, a fine line balancing act. Lessening stress is a big factor. These are just some of the things I've observed. Didn't sound like you don't go at least once/day?

Edited by sgcray (11/09/14 11:16 PM)

#371608 - 11/08/14 09:56 AM
ssr1

thanks...whose B.Infantis are you taking? I have taken Natren's Life Start II in the past, and it was very helpful. Align is also B.Infantis and I have had both good and no results from that. Also, do you mind telling me what brand/form your chamomile and ginger are in? I assume a tea? I use Alvita ginger tea...and it is very strong, sometimes I have a double. Sugar is bad for SIBO but I used to use candied ginger and it was helpful for loosening up gas. Trader Joe's calls their 'uncandied' but there is still loads of sugar in it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 243 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review