All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pizza
      #371575 - 10/30/14 05:31 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello All,

Today I bought a Jack O Lantern pizza at Papa Murphy's. I was able to eat a little of the cheese too. I am SO happy!

I think the 7 acupuncture treatments I had recently have helped me!

I wish ALL on this forum some much DESERVED relief from their IBS issues as well!

Happy Halloween everyone!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pizza new
      #371579 - 10/31/14 01:42 AM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Happy Fall Festival too;And hoping the type of cheese they used won't come back to haunt ya . Wish I could eat more of the daiya good fake cheese;Although void of dairy, there's the partly coconut saturated oil in there.

#371580 - 10/31/14 07:01 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

Wish I could eat pizza but, no can do...I always have what I call a "honeymoon" period after I do...I feel fine for sometimes as long as 24 hours...but, then....ugh...I've tried Daiya too and for me, it is just too high in fat....doesn't even matter what the fat comes from...it's too much Wish there were something that was lower in fat that actually tasted like anything other than cardboard :)

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

Re: Pizza/Daiya cheese new
      #371581 - 10/31/14 11:08 PM
sgcray

I checked my "shredded" version of Daiya cheddar (dairy and soy free cheese);Out of the 6 grams of fat 2 were saturated. They use canola or safflower, then to a lesser degree the more saturated fat coconut oil. It doesn't take too much of it on something to be fairly cheesy enough. Enzymedica makes a "Digest Spectrum" capsule that includes enzymes to break down milk protein casein and milk sugar lactose. One would then need to find a fat free cheddar which is out on the market at Sprouts. Not as good tasting as Daiya though anyway! The blocks of Daiya are more saturated last time I looked. I would have to make a mini mini pizza;Too much white bread, even spelt white bread causes me flatulence trouble and gets up in my system making me sickly for 2 days. Has more fiber than white rice for me, so use it only for snacks lately. Wish they made a decent and cheaper white rice bread at my local store. I've tried Udi's before;Ouch with the brown rice in it at naturally the beginning of the meal. I liked the flavor though.

#371582 - 11/01/14 09:37 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Yes, coconut oil seems to bother me too!

Once I ate some non-dairy ice cream with coconut milk and I had issues.

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#371584 - 11/01/14 03:46 PM
sgcray

If you eat something that has less saturated and more of the unsaturated types of oils ratio and you eat that at the end of a meal, should not be a problem. Total fat should be ideally around 25% in calories of the entire meal's total calories. I hope I understood that rule right.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 497 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3806

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review