All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight Watchers
      #371485 - 09/25/14 05:12 AM
marlene_behnke

Reged: 09/25/14

Well I was just wondering if there is anyone that is currently going to weight watchers? I have been going for the last 3 weeks. I feel fine and am eating healthy foods. I am eating fruits and cooked vegetables. It requires high fiber breads and brown rice, which I am leary of. I am taking my digestive aids every day along with calcium. I have lost 4.5# so far, and am drinking 3 bottles of water each day. I am just wondering if I am setting myself up for irritating my colon.....should I just stay away from the high fiber breads and buns? Thanks for any input.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Watchers/Nope, but new
      #371515 - 10/04/14 07:09 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Hey there..It says in this diet's literature to always eat soluble fiber first, i.e. white wheat, then less of whole grain wheat. The acacia "soluble" fiber before your food intake also helps alot to prevent IBS. I think it's additionally good for blood sugar leveling, also builds the good bacteria in your intestine as a prebiotic with bifidogenic effect mentioned by Heather on this diet. Outside reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifidus_factor Hopefully you're utilizing it already as one of your "digestive aids."

Edited by sgcray (10/04/14 07:57 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 952 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1246

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review