All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Antidepressants for IBS
      #371468 - 09/16/14 08:49 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello,

For about 4 years from 2008 thru 2012, I was on 50mg of Zoloft. I think this helped keep my IBS at bay.

I had to go off the Zoloft in 2012 because when I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in the summer of 2012, I could no longer swallow pills.

Now I am on liquid Prozac, 1 tsp. per day.

I am praying this will also help my IBS.

Is anyone else on this board on an antidepressant? If so, how has it helped your IBS?

I also plan to go back into counseling, since I am under so much stress and feel anxious most of the time.

Thanks so much for your input!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Antidepressants for IBS new
      #371469 - 09/16/14 09:18 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Antidepressants for IBS

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#371471 - 09/16/14 11:15 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Candy07, on the website webmed you can look up a meds and see what people find it helpful or even unhelpful for..Or you can see feedback by searching by way of illnesses Years ago a GI prescribed Elavil for my IBS-D, but I did not fill it, due to side effects. BTW an older man friend of mine had treatment for his Hodgkins Lymph. and is doing really well now. I'll pray for you to do well too with your IBS.

#371472 - 09/17/14 11:07 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Thanks again for the info and the prayers, sgcray!!

I need all the help I can possibly GET these days, LOL!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2175 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2386

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review