All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Campbell's Poblano Queso Soup!
      #371452 - 09/09/14 03:23 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello,

Last night my husband made the above soup for supper. The link is below.

He did use water to make it but did NOT strain out all the peppers! He added 2 cooked, cut up strips of bacon, sliced canned potatoes and sliced canned carrots to the soup as well.

I ate mine with water and one half of a Thomas' English muffin with my special margarine on it. Plus water and 3 gas caps.

I had DIARRHEA today and am thinking the soup last night caused my problems! After supper last night I had LOTS of gas and some pain at the top of my stomach.

I had cramps in the middle of the night too and found it very difficult to fall asleep.

What do you think?

Thanks so much for your comments!

http://www.shopwell.com/campbells-soup-condensed-creamy-poblano-queso/canned-soup/p/5100021217

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Campbell's Poblano Queso Soup! new
      #371453 - 09/09/14 03:34 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Candy - there are many potential IBS triggers in that product If a product contains more than 5 or 6 ingredients it is likely going to cause problems

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#371456 - 09/10/14 11:33 AM
Candy07

Well at least NOW I KNOW better than to EVER eat this again!

The cheeses are all LESS than 2% though, so that should not have been a big factor.

Next time my hubby will STRAIN out all the peppers!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#371493 - 09/30/14 03:44 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Hi candy, the safest soups for me are my own home made.
It's even fun to make your own soups and you know what is in the soups. You can make a lot in once and put some in the freezer.
I don't buy any cans of soup anymore. Maybe that will help you. Find some nice receipts on the website.

Good luck.

Saskia

#371499 - 09/30/14 10:06 AM
Candy07

Thanks Sassie! There are also as you know many good soup recipes in Heather's book, Eating For IBS!

Have a great day and thanks for your post!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1388 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3747

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review