Reged: 02/06/13

IS ALOE VERA JUICE OK FOR IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ALOE VERA JUICE new
      #370734 - 12/20/13 03:15 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

All clinical trials have shown aloe vera neither helps IBS symptoms nor improves quality of life. Here is information on the dangers of using aloe vera in Heather's newsletter and two research articles on the clinical trials

Aloe Vera and IBS

A Randomised, Cross-Over, Placebo-Controlled Study of Aloe vera in Patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Effects on Patient Quality of Life

Herbal medicines for the management of irritable bowel syndrome: A comprehensive review

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#370735 - 12/20/13 08:33 AM
reindeer

Reged: 08/22/11

I would highly recommend trying "Natural Calm" for constipation. I found out about it by others on this board who had used it with great success. Do a search and you will get find posts regarding it from a few years back. It's a magnesium powder which you put in a hot drink (tea) in the evening before bed. Do a google search and there is a ton of information about all the benefits of magnesium and helps with constipation. It's not a laxative per se, but helps in keeping the stool soft. You can get it on-line or at health food stores. I've used a Tbsp. for almost four years every night and it is one of the most helpful supplements I have found. Much much better than the magnesium caps or tablets. There is no taste to it. I do not used the "flavored" kinds as there are more additives in that. Less additives = healthier product. Also doc says if it helps use it.

#370736 - 12/20/13 10:30 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hi reindeer,

I am getting over a stomach virus, so I temporarily stopped the Natural Calm. It did help me!

When can I safely re-start it?

How does a stomach bug affect your bowel movements?

Thanks Much!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#370737 - 12/20/13 06:29 PM
reindeer

Reged: 08/22/11

stomach bugs affect everyone different...just like IBS. I would think whenever you feel better to start with the Natural Calm. I use it every night no matter what.

#370738 - 12/21/13 08:16 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

So I COULD use it now! Maybe I will re-start it now, since it is taking FOREVER and a day for this dang bug to go away!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 768 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review