All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Cheese new
      #371481 - 09/23/14 11:46 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

I am going to test myself today to see how well my five acupuncture treatments are working! I will have a small piece of cheddar cheese on my sandwich at lunch.

I'll let you guys know how I do! If I DON'T do well, I am going to give the acupuncturist HELL this coming Thursday for my sixth treatment!!

Wish me LUCK, everybody, thanks!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cheese new
      #371487 - 09/25/14 02:05 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Well, I ate a little bit of shredded pizza cheese and was just FINE with it!!

I told my acupuncturist about it today too!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Re: Cheese "Daiya-no casein milk protein" new
      #371488 - 09/25/14 02:34 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Sometimes cheese reactions could be one didn't have enough soluble fiber BEFORE eating the cheese part of the meal which can be huge in saturated fat..It's a big percent of the time eaten at the beginning-right along with the somewhat fatty (hopefully low) protein on that sandwich or pizza slice. Why else the fat free or low fat snacks.. Daiya alt. shredded cheddar is VERY flavorful and doesn't take much. Even so, in the menu in Heather Van Vorous' The First Year IBS book-there is NO CHEESE on that sandwich. Eat to live-truely live, not live to eat...there's more to life than pain and.....

Edited by sgcray (09/25/14 11:43 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1552 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review