All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does "wet" food cause D?
      #370355 - 10/03/13 10:32 AM
CynthiaS

Reged: 09/26/13

Hi,
I have spent the last while working with a Chinese acupuncturist. Unfortunately, he did not understand IBS so it did not help.
In Chinese medicine they say D is caused by "Wetness" (food that is too wet). Although I was told to drink a lot of water and Chinese tea I had to avoid drinking milk(soy,almond,smoothies etc),no soups, rice had to be very dry etc.
Now that I am getting results with Heather's program I am wondering if the same concept of avoiding wet foods holds true. I would really like to be able to have soup etc. I know there are wonderful soups in Heather's book. I would like to know when it is safe to eat them.
Thank you for your help.
Cheerio
CynthiaS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does "wet" food cause Diarrhea? new
      #370356 - 10/03/13 11:01 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

I had ibs diarrhea, but I never heard that wet food causes d. I eat a lot of soups. It's for me one of the best foods if I feel not so well. The worst thing for me is lots of fat and dairy. But I can handle soy, almond and rice drinks. So try Heathers diet and perhaps you can eat so much more then you think. Good luck. And have fun by looking for nice recipes on the website.

Sassie

Re: Does "wet" food cause Diarrhea? new
      #370357 - 10/03/13 12:07 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

No - food of any kind is not known to cause IBS. The only known cause of IBS are GI infections. There are likely other causes but they have not been identified.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1452

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review