All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feeling depressed!
      #370315 - 09/27/13 07:41 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello My IBS Family!

Today I went to pick up a new fall dress that I had ordered online and had delivered to my local JC Penney store to wear on a business trip next week.

When I changed into the dress in the dressing room, I felt like I looked like a concentration camp survivor and got SO depressed!! I started crying right there in the store and again in the car on my way to other errands.

I had lost 10 pounds due to very dry mouth after radiation last February and now I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Now I can't eat a lot of foods and have to buy substitutes (for dairy for instance).

I MUST start gaining weight to fill out some! I am 5 feet 10 inches tall in my stocking feet and now weigh just 123 pounds!!

I am at my wit's end! I can't even drink the Ensure products because they are loaded with milk!

Thanks for listening and caring!!!

Candy

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling depressed! new
      #370316 - 09/28/13 02:31 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Hi Candy, sorry to read you're feeling so bad. I hope you will find your way back in feeling better. Try to eat every 2 hours a little meal with food of the ibs diet and perhaps you'll gain some weight. Drink loads of the herbal teas. Good luck. I'll think of you. Keep on going.

Regards, Saskia

#370318 - 09/28/13 09:21 AM
Candy07

Thanks a lot for the very kind reply, Sassie!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#370319 - 09/28/13 12:50 PM
Clifton

Reged: 12/11/08

Hi Candy,
If it helps in any way, I am also in the same situation having lost close to 20 pounds in the last 2 years!! Same height as you are and almost the same weight. Yes, seems like I was in the same concentration camp:) However since I am 55+, I can take it lightly as it does not matter how one looks after a certain age.

I have read through some of your posts and do have similar issues. However, my condition is IBS-D mainly.

Wish you all the best and don't despair. It's not the end of the road for there may be a bend
-Clifton

#370321 - 09/28/13 02:13 PM
Candy07

Hi Clifton,

How long have you had IBS-D? How often do you have D attacks now? Very seldom I hope!!

In 2008 I tried acupuncture and Chinese herbs and got some relief, so I may go that route again soon!

I am also thinking of going on an antidepressant, Zoloft. Have you been taking one?

Have you tried the hypnosis tapes? I am thinking of trying those.

Are you on any medications? At what age did your IBS start. Mine started in 2008 when I was 59 years old. I really feel badly for folks who get this when they are young and trying to build a career, family and a life!

Thanks for replying to my post! I hope I didn't ask too many questions for ya!

Have a great day and thanks for the uplifting post!

--------------------

#370322 - 09/28/13 05:52 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

My heart goes out to you all... I know how it can be to feel very depressed - after having IBS along with other illness, which I still have pain from, I can certainly relate. I control pain from some botched surgery with hypnotherapy, it does really help. If you have any questions, I am happy to help. 877-898-2539 for free support and questions. I was on many meds for depression, but it was more helpful using the natural approach of the hypno CDs for me, especially when the meds can cause side effects.

Dont give up and know that you are not alone... I have cried many times in great despair - there IS hope. Take care...

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#370323 - 09/29/13 12:57 PM
Clifton

Reged: 12/11/08

Thanks to you both. With regards to your queries, I have probably had IBS-D for a long time but without knowing it. I realized it was IBS only in 2002. That's when the doctor started me on Ativan because I mentioned that my motion was better when I slept well:( It was only in 2008 that I came across Heather's site. I do have D attacks when I eat too much fibre. My diet is mainly rice, veggies & fruits (occasionally bread & eggs).

I have not been listening continuously to the hypnosis tapes, so I don't know its effects still.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I am in a different time zone.

Have a great week!!
~Clifton

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1529 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3205

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review