All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Hunger after eating
      #369873 - 07/28/13 05:33 AM
Snowland

Reged: 07/28/13
Loc: Ontario, canada

Hi there, I am a newbie in that I haven't visited this site for a long time. But I'm back! By the way I have told many people about this site and heather, and her books as they have been invaluable to me. So today I have a question ... Morning time is very tricky for my digestion. I find after i eat my ibs friendly breakfast, English muffin with some honey, or rice cakes and honey, I feel hunger pangs almost immediately after eating? My body is saying eat, eat, eat, yet I have just eaten? Anyone understand this??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hunger after eating new
      #369874 - 07/28/13 06:24 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Try removing the honey and applesauce.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#369876 - 07/28/13 06:34 AM
Snowland

I am not eating applesauce with it, what do you think the honey is doing?

#369877 - 07/28/13 08:36 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Honey like high fructose corn syrup has more fructose than glucose. The excess fructose can exacerbate IBS symptoms in some people and change GI motility. You can read more about how excess fructose in honey, apples, mango, watermelon and other foods as well a some other food constituents can make IBS symptoms worse in the first three links in my signature. The approach described in these links is a clinically tested approach to managing IBS symptoms that many of use in conjunction with Heather's diet. It has been shown to reduce symptoms 70-80%.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#369878 - 07/28/13 09:42 AM
Snowland

Oh wow, thanks so much. I will read it, also will stop honey and hope that helps. Not sure what to use instead.

#369879 - 07/29/13 03:20 AM
Roxstar

Reged: 02/12/12

You should also include some good protein at breakfast to make you feel full. I have egg whites scrambled with some oat milk as protein can be quite filling. I get very hungry almost starving sometimes after breakfast. Having bread and honey is a pretty high GI brekkie it will not fill you up. Maybe try some safe oatmeal but look into that fructose thing aswell as that will effect things if you are sensitive to it. Good Luck!

#369883 - 07/29/13 12:23 PM
Snowland

Thanks roxstar, the reason I eat rice cakes or English muffin is that my tummy is so sensitive in the morning, anything else makes me feels really sick or upsets my gerd and leaves me feeling ill for the whole day. Even egg whites I react to. I do eat a lot of veg usually at eveni g meal and I think this has an effect on how I feel in morning. I love fruit and veg, but they don't love me! A moment I am trying to stabilize using heathers method it's just this morning thing that is a problem for me. I do realize it is high gi but have not yet found anything else that sits well. Oatmeal I love, but my tummy can't handle it. Any heavy whole grain, even quinoa or couscous I have problems with.

Edited by Snowland (07/29/13 12:25 PM)

#369911 - 08/01/13 07:37 PM
Roxstar

Reged: 02/12/12

I completely understand.

Can you tolerate Bagels at all? Plan white ones? They may be more filling but not sure if you can handle them.

#369912 - 08/02/13 07:27 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

There is a non dairy, non soy yogurt called Almond Dream....not sure if it is available in your area, but, it is very soothing to the stomach first thing in the morning and is good for you too (has some nutritional value other than just bread, etc..) I, too have to ease into eating in the morning and have found this to really help.

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

#369917 - 08/04/13 05:48 AM
Snowland

Thanks guys, I have found English muffins are ok, and I will try the almond yogurt. Tanks for the help. This week I am doing better following heathers guidelines, I overdid the fruit yesterday and now am acidic again, cutting out honey has really helped! I never knew about fod ! Great help folks, thanks so much

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 838 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7172

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review