All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS, reactive hypogycemia and weight loss
      #369615 - 06/17/13 01:58 PM
MarilynD2010

Reged: 05/18/13
Loc: Central Iowa

Hi, I'm new to this website and the information here but I have had these symptoms most all of my life. My mother and grandmother died of colon cancer. I really would like to get a handle on theses symptoms. I react with low blood sugar when I eat processed food, refined carbs, sugar and some other foods. I would really like to loose about 10 to 15 pounds. I have been using the Weight Watchers program since the first of April and lost 10 pounds but the fruits and vegetables and artificial sweeteners and low fat dairy caught up with me then I have pain and constipation. I struggle to live in the real world and eat by Heather's recommendations. When I do it helps but it is very hard to eat this way in the real world. I could use some suggestions. I have purchased Heather's products and have read "The First Year..." Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS, reactive hypogycemia and weight loss new
      #369616 - 06/17/13 05:32 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

As far as Weight Watchers goes, you can use fortified soy milk, cheese, and yogurt instead.

For safe fruits and veggies, check out Heather's cheat sheet &/or refer back to the the First Year.

The artificial sweeteners...just stay away from them. Eat the real thing, just plan for it with your points (unless, of course the "real thing" is a trigger food).

#369617 - 06/17/13 05:58 PM
MarilynD2010

Reged: 05/18/13
Loc: Central Iowa

Thanks for those ideas. From your encouragement I "tracked" my supper: white rice, cooked mushrooms, onion, peas and carrots with some tofu. I will look for some soy yogurt etc. I normally use rice milk but could not find a yogurt that worked.

#369624 - 06/18/13 06:14 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Yeah, I haven't found a soy yogurt I really like, but I will get one every once in a while. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1920 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2915

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review