All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
colonoscopy
      #369342 - 03/16/13 05:47 PM
JKP

Reged: 10/25/11
Loc: North Carolina

I am needing to schedule a colonoscopy. I have diarrhea bad & really don't know how I am going to make it from my home about 16 miles 2 my Doc. I know I can use a diaper. Also, my main concern is drinking the go-lightly. The nurse said that you only have to drink 8 glasses now verses the whole bottle, but I still worry. My 2nd GI Doc has a new prep which is citrate of mag and dulcolax pills, but they charge about $200 more in their charge and what Medicare will pay. I have 2 GI docs because the medical center is more up to date on their diets and more with Heather's what to eat and what two eat and not. They appreciate d the print off sheet. (We want to get a support group inthe Winston Salem, NC area started).Final question, what do you all drink the day before you start your prep? I only drink water & occasionally peppermint tea. I know they say broth
& jello, but both I question. Thanks for any suggestions.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: colonoscopy new
      #369344 - 03/17/13 05:32 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

You may find the following post useful
The Colonoscopy Prep Made Simple

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#369352 - 03/18/13 05:58 PM
JKP

Reged: 10/25/11
Loc: North Carolina

Thanks ladies, I will let you know what the new medical center uses, which seems better than my main GI doctor uses.

#369360 - 03/20/13 02:28 AM
Clifton

Reged: 12/11/08

One useful tip I picked up was to use a straw to drink the liquid. No amount of flavor additives like pineapple or orange will help. Don't add extra flavor, i.e more than what is provided, as that will make the taste horrible. Also don't mix flavors. I also used lime pickle with salt(wash off the pickle) to rub on my tongue while drinking the liquid. That helped.

I drank 16-20 glasses(8-ounce) in two separate sessions to get an almost clean colon.

Yes, I had clear vegetable soups and clear liquids only - mainly apple juice.

All the best!

Edited by Clifton (03/20/13 11:21 PM)

#369393 - 03/26/13 06:34 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

One of my biggest fears was having an accident on the way or on the table but believe me, all that prep does clean you out pretty well and you may feel the urge to go but you really won't have to. I start the prep a bit earlier than they say so I can be sure it's done before I go.

When I expressed that fear to my doctor before being put out, he said..don't worry we'll just suck it out! Yeah didn't make me feel better either but these docs see it all!

Good luck!
Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2926

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review