All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea and Meal Size
      #369321 - 03/09/13 03:40 PM
tgf0130

Reged: 02/04/13

I have been dealing with daily nausea - a permanent sense of fullness, burping, loss of appetite, bloating, and feeling like I want to vomit.
I have added ginger and fennel to my diet. I am also eating a very restricted diet that follows both Heather's and the FODMAP safe list. But the only thing that really helps this symptom is to eat very small meals - 5-10 bites total. I can usually keep this up for 2 weeks or so, but this is very unsatisfying. As soon as I start to feel better for a while I start to eat slightly more normal sized meals. Once this goes on for about 2 weeks or so the daily nausea comes back and I have to go back to the really small meals again. Any thoughts....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea and Meal Size new
      #369324 - 03/10/13 06:06 PM
nutritionlover

Reged: 09/18/11

That sounds a lot like gastroparesis (delayed emptying of the stomach) to me. There are of course other possibilities, but I would definitely make an appointment with a gastroenterologist and have them run a gastric emptying scan.

Is this a new symptom or have you had it for awhile? Did anything change before the onset of these symptoms (change in medications, stomach virus, surgery etc)?

--------------------
IBS A (more D than C). Severe GERD & Hiatal Hernia as well.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Re: Nausea and Meal Size new
      #369325 - 03/11/13 08:07 AM
tgf0130

Reged: 02/04/13

Thanks so much for the reply, I really appreciate it...I googled it and that sounds like a good hypothesis.
I will ask my GI doctor about it at my next follow up.
Meal size has always been an issue for me, but in the last year it has been in this very extreme way. This also corresponds with using Prilosec. I think delayed emptying may be a potential side effect of Prilosec. Luckily I have already started the weaning off process with this drug. So maybe once I am off of it the delay won't be so extreme. But I think it may still be something that I have to deal with and I will discuss it with the GI doctor.
Thanks again!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5914 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review