All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
After Eating Noise
      #368895 - 01/01/13 02:05 AM
RedTearsBlackWings

Reged: 12/31/12

Without fail every time I eat(no matter if it's a safe food or simi safe food) I get a lot of noises coming from my stomach such as growling, rumbling and gergalling. It also feels a bit like my stomach is moving around(I'm not sure how else to desrbie it) and this comes with nausea.
I've never seen these symptoms mentioned in relation to IBS so I was wondering if anyone else experiences this or if it's the symptom of something else?
Is there anything that I can do to stop this? It's really really embarrassing even though people who know me understand I get very embarrassed and I don't even want to go out to eat any more.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: After Eating Noise new
      #368896 - 01/01/13 04:21 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

What you describe is common expecially for individuals with functional bowel disorders like IBS but it also occurs in normal individuals too. It is called borborygmi You can read about it here and here. It is usually no cause for concern and it can sometimes be eliminated or reduced through dietary modifications

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#368899 - 01/01/13 10:03 AM
RedTearsBlackWings

Oh no not more dietary modifications I feel like that's the only thing I've done for the past year!
While it may not be a physical concern it's very much a psychological concern. My mental health was already a mess before this happened and now it's been thrown back so many years of work.

#368904 - 01/01/13 01:04 PM
ccdukes

Reged: 09/11/11
Loc: Juneau, AK

I found a lot of benefit from the IBS Hypnosis 100 series to deal with the mental part of IBS. I went through it twice and it has made a huge difference in my wellbeing and ability to cope with the IBS symptoms. There is lots of information all over this site that explains more. Counseling, and depression drugs did very little for me compared with the hypnosis.

Good luck!

#368909 - 01/02/13 02:33 AM
RedTearsBlackWings

Oh I've been on depression medication for years and in counseling just as long so I'm well aware they don't help. The thing is that I'm veg and lactose intolerant so I'm already eating in a way that should reduce or stop the noise but it hasn't.
The hypnosis kit thingy is on my list but it's expensive(especially once you add international shipping) and I currently don't have that money to spare, no matter how much I'm suffering. I recently lost a guinea pig to cancer and all up it cost me $400 in two weeks and I still owe my dad for covering my living expenses(I pay a couple of our bills). I'm more comfortable knowing that it's normal for IBS people, I still don't fully trust a diagnosis that effectively means that they don't know whats wrong with you.

#368952 - 01/03/13 08:46 PM
ccdukes

Reged: 09/11/11
Loc: Juneau, AK

Sorry to hear about your pet. It sounds like you are pretty frustrated. I don't know if it helps, but most of us have been or are there too. I've learned over the years dealing with IBS that a right time for changes comes around for each of us, but not always on the schedule we want.

You might have already considered this, but I get intense digestive noise depending on how I am sitting after I eat or drink. I found that if I am laying back or over to the left the noise is a lot worse. Maybe consider how you position yourself. There are also some yoga poses that can aid digestion, you might consider looking into those.

When money isn't so tight, reconsider the IBS Hypnosis 100. You can get it direct from Heather's company in Seattle or buy a download. I would recommend listening to the samples first, because it makes a huge difference in hypnosis if you like/dislike the person guiding you.

I don't know what to say about the diagnostic criteria for IBS. I have two conditions that are diagnosed through elimination of every other option and yes, it does suck. But that doesn't mean things won't get better.

#368961 - 01/04/13 04:53 PM
RedTearsBlackWings

It's not so much the need to make the changes that makes me frustrated, it's the fact that the IBS is another addition to a very, very long list of concerns that have been with me for years now. It's more or less the straw that broke the camels back, I can assure you that there is very few who are a similar position to me.
I've not found that the position makes much difference, if anything laying down helps but it's likely that has something more to do with my insomnia rather then anything else...however it's some what hard to tell.
I've got a thread on my troubles with exercising, which I mentioned that even yoga makes me sick.
Where are the samples I didn't know there were any.

I maintain that IBS isn't a real diagnosis but then again I say similar to my psych doctors when they tell me that I'm classed as 'other'.IBS is more or less diagnosed by ruling out any physiological cause(and by default deadly things). It's more or less a collection of symptoms that have no identifiable cause...it's basically a scape goat for the medical community. I have other 'diagnoses' like it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 826 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review