All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help -malabsorbtion question
      #368821 - 12/20/12 07:25 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Hi everyone,

So I'm back cuz it seems im starting to see old symptoms coming back. They are: Hair loss, nails breaking, gas, general intestinal upset & weight loss. I went thru this before and ended up losing 30 lbs. I dont have constipation this time or diareah. I think this is all do to malabsorbtion from my IBS. Does anyone out there have any ideas to conquer this? Currently Im taking a probiotic & Citrecell. Ive lost 2 lbs this week alone and I really dont want to go back down this road. Please help!!
Kiwii

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help -malabsorbtion question new
      #368822 - 12/20/12 08:47 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Are you eating according to Heather's Eating for IBS diet? Have you tried to use the FODMAP diet which has been clinically shown to be effective for managing IBS symptoms? If no then you can read about it in the first three links in my signature. Or talk to your GI doctor for a referral to a dietitian that knows this diet. It integrates well with the EFI diet.

If would be helpful if you would list the foods and snacks you are eaten in the last 2-3 days. It might give us some clues to assist you

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: help -malabsorbtion question new
      #368824 - 12/20/12 09:18 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

wow Syl. thats alot of info! thank you so much. Im going to print out the FODMAP list and cross reference it with the IBS list. Hopefully this helps. Really dont want to go back to the GI doc.thanx again!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1762

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review