All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Dizzy....question
      #368662 - 11/25/12 01:25 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Didn' you used to eat gluten free?Why did you eat gf? And why dd you stop? Just curious as I am debating this scenerio.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dizzy....question new
      #368663 - 11/25/12 01:33 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

I did a no wheat no gluten trial and didn't feel any better, if I was going to be c and miserable anyway I figured why not have bread?
And French or sourdough toast often settles my tummy if its gurgly

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#368666 - 11/25/12 01:58 PM
Cyndy

So you never tested positive for gluten antibodies or anything? A doctor didn't tell you to eat gluten free? YOu just did it as a trial? I have gluten antibodies, but eating gf hasn't solved my problem. Don't know ifI need to be gf plus something else...or if I could eat gluten and it doesn't matter at all. Do you follow the FODMAP diet?

#368670 - 11/25/12 02:35 PM
Dizzy

Hi when I tested neg for celiac I heard about intolerance so I did a trial to rule that out, my diet I s so pathetic I am pretty much food map free but for bread, and one bagel ( it has high fructose corn syrup) I am phasing it out of my diet

--------------------

#368673 - 11/25/12 02:50 PM
Cyndy

so, you do follow the FODMAP diet? On purpose? YOu believe in it? Oh no.Has it helped, at least? You have to try and increase your food selections, my dear. Not take away! I just follow the EFI diet. But as I said...the stupid FODMAP food list stillis stuck in my brain.

#368674 - 11/25/12 03:01 PM
Dizzy

I have never consciously tried to follow anything but efi, I have experimented with eliminating food maps out of desperation and fear, I even gave up the evil bagle for a week, no change I think i just don't eat enough period, I need more vitemans minerals and proteins to get closer to. Normal, I just come here for encouragement and reminders, but I might stop, I know what I need to do and I keep getting asked about giving stuff up, so this is not the place for me anymore

--------------------

#368676 - 11/25/12 03:21 PM
Cyndy

I might agree with you. I would love to stay in touch with you,though, if that's okay. I think we may both be victims of the fear and inconsistancies. Hugs to you, my dear. You know,having an empty gi tract is one of the biggest causes of pain? It's true.The bowels need constant food in them so that they can function and "have something to do" and not just spasm. I have to share with you. My weight plummeted so low that I needed to be hopitalized. During my 6 month stay, yes 6 months, they fed me pizza and hamburgers and french fries and cinnamon roles and cake and bacon.....and I had NO pain at all. Perhaps it was because I didn't have the anxiety of trying to figure out what was "safe" to eat and what would not hurt me. The decision was taken away from me. I swear, I ate everything...apples and oranges (no coffee,artificial sweeteners or soda), but I ate beef and ham. Again, the pain was gone. I was eating 3 meals an 3 snacks a day. I was not allowed to read labels for ingredients or fat grams. (that was nice relief). As soon as I came home,I went to pain, even though I was on th EFI diet. I was restricting amounts again. And I have found myself in intense pain. I am too afraid to go back to what Iwas eating in the hospital. I cannot force myself to put those foods into my body because I believe the EFI diet is the answer. Maybe it is? I don't know.It doesn't make sense.I'm all confused.

I do want to start the hypno CDs.Maybe that is my only requirement.

#368677 - 11/25/12 03:26 PM
Cyndy

I still eat beans .... some things I just can' give up.Plus, they help the C. I eat them with rice...and Heather's diet doesn' eliminate them....so either will I!

#368678 - 11/25/12 03:33 PM
Dizzy

I've done three rounds of the CDs, for me the eating disorder is keeping them from being as effective as they could be, but each round did help, they give the most amazing feeling of peace when you listen, and they are worth it for that alone

--------------------

#368679 - 11/25/12 03:38 PM
Cyndy

I think we both have to concentrate on eating more in general....even more than what we are eating....but I am scared of foods that are not EFI and FODMAP friendly and I cannot let it go. I am terrified of breaking these diet rules.

#368682 - 11/25/12 05:58 PM
Dizzy

I understand, I am learning there are a lot of foods left in those rules, what I'm trying to do is get to a basic diet which has bananas as fruit, carrots, sweet potato, squash and zuchini as veg, some tolerable protein(fish egg whites shrimp something) rice as a soluble base and some bread, but maybe less then I do now I eat a ton, also drinking small amounts of no pulp orange juice and cranberry juice, I think that would straddle the line between foodmap and efi, that stuff should be same both lists

--------------------

#368683 - 11/25/12 06:23 PM
Cyndy

This might work as a beginning diet. But, Do you really want to go through the rest of your life only eating that limited variety of foods? Heather eats a variety of yummy foods. If you are still in pain eating the foods, I hope you will reconsider. If that limited amount of food doesn't bother your, then great! Especially if you feel good on them. It doesn't sound very healthy, though. And no IF. Do whatever works for you,but I wouldn't be able to only eat those few foods.

#368684 - 11/25/12 06:48 PM
Dizzy

At this point I'm not thinking long term, I'm thinking I want to be stable or near it, I'm thinking I want to weigh 100 pounds again, I'm thinking by bmi is 17 and I want it at least 20, down the road I can keep adding stuff, I can try if tolerances nothing is forever, and IBS gets better and then worse sometimes, 5 years ago I ate nuts, steamed broccoli, tons of tofu, then I went back to school and let stress and fear get me here, if I was there once someday I could be there again

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5504

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review