All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Rocamojo Lattes! new
      #37312 - 01/13/04 08:35 PM
Marinana

Reged: 12/11/03

Thanks guys for all the great ideas. I found a place that sells Rocamojo near my house and I am going to order Heather's tummy teas. I was a "hold out" when it comes to Rocamojo because I am so caught up in the whole coffee thing. I even got a latte machine for Christmas...heehee! Well, as you all know it is so much easier to stop all those favorite things when I know it is just going to cause me an attack.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm the shyest person I know!! - nt new
      #37320 - 01/14/04 01:53 AM
Shellsbells

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: NW England, UK

#37376 - 01/14/04 09:47 AM
stephh

Reged: 11/16/03

Quote:

I have to admit, I went out and bought some of that stuff on your all's recommendation. EWWWW. It was SO gross.

I've got a way that you may enjoy Rocomojo because I hated it the first time I tried it too!

I was missing Cafe con Leche and after making one for my husband the other night got the idea to make SOY Cafe con SOY Leche! Here goes:

Boil 2 cups of water and mix with 2/3 cup of Rocomojo (I use a coffe press but I'm sure you could strain it too)

While that is brewing boil 2 cups of Soy Vanilla Milk (wonder if chocolate would be good too? HMMMMM?.....) and 4 cinnamon sticks in separate pot. When it begins to boil into a froth-Remove from heat (doesn't take long, watch carefully!)

Pour your coffee into the milk and then sweeten with sugar and pour into big mugs---------VERY GOOD!!!!!!

I can tolerate this much easier than just plain Rocomojo! Hope you enjoy!

Steph

#37378 - 01/14/04 09:55 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Quote:

I have to admit, I went out and bought some of that stuff on your all's recommendation. EWWWW. It was SO gross.

I've got a way that you may enjoy Rocomojo because I hated it the first time I tried it too!

I was missing Cafe con Leche and after making one for my husband the other night got the idea to make SOY Cafe con SOY Leche! Here goes:

Boil 2 cups of water and mix with 2/3 cup of Rocomojo (I use a coffe press but I'm sure you could strain it too)

While that is brewing boil 2 cups of Soy Vanilla Milk (wonder if chocolate would be good too? HMMMMM?.....) and 4 cinnamon sticks in separate pot. When it begins to boil into a froth-Remove from heat (doesn't take long, watch carefully!)

Pour your coffee into the milk and then sweeten with sugar and pour into big mugs---------VERY GOOD!!!!!!

I can tolerate this much easier than just plain Rocomojo! Hope you enjoy!

Steph

Hey - that sounds pretty good. Maybe you should post that on the Recipe Exchange!

#37382 - 01/14/04 10:04 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Re: Coffee is X-Rated, Girlfriend! new
      #37390 - 01/14/04 10:35 AM
angelfire

Reged: 12/09/03

I'm glad that going off the coffee worked so well for you. Me, the only way I can get any relief at all is TO drink it. It helps me go, and that helps give me about 20 minutes respite from the bloating and pain. Like I said, though, 20 minutes later it's all back.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 502 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3695

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review