All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
so miserable.....
      #367084 - 03/22/12 07:18 PM
CozyTummy

Reged: 03/22/12

I read the book but am still a little confused what I can eat right now. Feeling miserable. I have ibs-a but lately more d. I also have Gerda and tummy associated anxiety attacks. I get bloating tummy discomfort but no severe pain and sometimes cramping. Last night I made a turkey lasagna. I think the cheese and tomato sauce did me in for the ibs and gerd. I have been off and on since Nov. But worse right now. What can I eat without milk and not acidic. I am trying ti drink water but it is hard when I am bloated and have heart burn. Tried plain chicken tonight but feels like it is just sitting there. Is it better to sip the water than take big mouthfuls? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: so miserable..... new
      #367086 - 03/23/12 09:26 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Presumably if you have read Heather's book you know that dairy products such as cheese can exacerbate IBS problems in some individuals. It might be wise to remove all dairy products including cheese from your diet for a month or so and see if you symptoms are reduced. Also, as you probably know acidic foods like tomatoes can effect GERD.

You might get more clues about how to eat for IBS by reading more about the Eating for IBS diet paying particular attention to trigger foods, soluble fiber and insoluble fiber .

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: so miserable..... new
      #367088 - 03/23/12 09:41 AM
CozyTummy

Reged: 03/22/12

Thanks Syl for the response. I am taking those steps. No more dairy. I gave a little list to my bf today and he is supposed to bring me home some veggie cheese, rice milk (which I have used before) and french bread. I am also going to try to be active but maybe cut back on the bicycle riding for a bit and stick to light activity like housework and a walking dvd. I did try the Blueberry Pecan French Toast recipe today for my breakfast. It was very good. I think once I get on track and follow all the suggestions, I will be good again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1551 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1548

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review