All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
[b]BAD CONSTIPATION, BLOATING AND GAS[b]
      #366905 - 02/19/12 12:22 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I am IBS-C. I have been stable since 2004 when I found Heather and this board.

For the past few weeks, I have been going 2-3 times per day. I had a berry ubeat from Jumba Juice and my colon fell in love with it. The problem is, I stopped taking my Acacia fiber like and idiot. I thought with this new drink(which has 8 grams of fiber and the veggies (steamed) and fruits I eat everyday I might get constipated from too much fiber.

I have returned to my Acacia, 1/2 cooking tsp 2 times per day and my tummy tamers and fennel tea.

My stool is very weird. It comes in small slither-like pieces or hard rock-like pieces. I am waiting for the fiber and fennel to kick in, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this particular problem. Also, what is a good probiotic to take that actually works without refrigeration and is not in pearl form?

All help is, as always, very much appreciated.

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Edited by LittleFox (02/21/12 08:34 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: [b]BAD CONSTIPATION, BLOATING AND GAS[b] new
      #366907 - 02/21/12 10:56 AM
rebeccaneal

Reged: 01/29/12

I can't give much advice since I haven't really got my own condition under control but I do have the same symptoms as you and I know one thing that makes me worse is drinking with meals - I just inflate like a balloon and then pain usually starts! I think it is a particular gas issue so it's just something to bear in mind; even people with normal gut function can get bloated from taking too much fluid with their food.

This may be something you know already but just in case it isn't then it's worth doing to try and reduce symptoms :-)

Re: [b]BAD CONSTIPATION, BLOATING AND GAS[b] new
      #366908 - 02/21/12 11:33 AM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Thanks so much for responding. I know the bloating and gas will pass. It's just going to take time. I feel at least 3 months pregnant!

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2961 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2554

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review