All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: IBS Friendly Protein Powders Exist? new
      #366758 - 01/28/12 09:21 AM
BobbyE

Reged: 11/28/11
Loc: New York, NY

I took a look at the ingredients and it has pea protein isolate and brown rice protein concentrate. As a person with IBS-D, not sure if I should take this: http://www.vitacost.com/PlantFusion-Multi-Source-Plant-Protein#IngredientFacts

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

And it contains fructose as a sweetner plus ... new
      #366759 - 01/28/12 09:44 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

the artichoke extract contains inulin. A rapidly fermenting soluble fiber known to produce gas and exacerbate IBS symptoms.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#366825 - 02/06/12 04:34 PM
starry0416

Reged: 02/06/12

I don't know if it helps but I too wanted to find a protein powder I could use after a workout. I found Gensoy Soy Protein shake in Vanilla. So far I have been ok taking it. You'll have to check out the ingredients to make sure you could do it too. It has 14g of protein in one shake.

#366862 - 02/12/12 10:14 AM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

my experience:

Apparently whey isolate is low on lactose. didn't work for me.

Egg white protein powder works but can taste ghastly so I suggest mixing it with water and herbs in a food processor and then frying it in a tiny bit of oil, basically making an egg white omlette. Doesn't taste bad at all.

But won't ever function well as a protein shake for me, although others have been successful with mixing it with a banana or orange juice, which apparently masks the taste. The trick is to do it in a blender or mixer otherwise it won't blend well at all.

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

#371711 - 12/14/14 11:24 AM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Quote:

my experience:

Apparently whey isolate is low on lactose. didn't work for me.

Egg white protein powder works but can taste ghastly so I suggest mixing it with water and herbs in a food processor and then frying it in a tiny bit of oil, basically making an egg white omlette. Doesn't taste bad at all.

But won't ever function well as a protein shake for me, although others have been successful with mixing it with a banana or orange juice, which apparently masks the taste. The trick is to do it in a blender or mixer otherwise it won't blend well at all.

http://www.amazon.com/MRM-Natural-Egg-White-Protein/dp/B002HREU0K Instantly blendable eggwhite powder;Taste's good.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1288 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14258

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review