All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
just starting (again)
      #365748 - 08/06/11 12:52 PM
Jilly

Reged: 08/06/11

I'm about to go back to teaching sixth grade and my IBS is non-stop. (No wonder.) I'm going to start several days of the soluble fiber only routine, basically plain oatmeal, French bread, pasta, etc. I was wondering what others might have added (within the solubale only framework) that seemed to work. I know to expect "boring" for a few days, but HOW boring?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: just starting (again) new
      #365749 - 08/06/11 01:15 PM
Sweetdove

Reged: 08/01/11
Loc: Seattle, WA

Jilly I just started 6 days ago myself. I added applesauce and carrots as well as the ones you mentioned as my solubles. I did make the lemon tuna for my French bread. It was different but not bad. It's actually been not as boring as I thought It'd be. The plus is I'm already starting to feel better! Good luck!

#365751 - 08/06/11 01:47 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I would second the apple sauce.

If I remember correctly, I eased in the soy milk fairly early on, too. I didn't go straight to soy milk, but started with half cow's milk, half soy and worked my way up to all soy over a couple of weeks.

#365756 - 08/07/11 08:45 AM
Jilly

Reged: 08/06/11

Thank you both! Obviously "boring" is better than "pain" but I do think I'll also incorporate your suggestions. It was looking in my closet and realizing that ALL my pants are hiking pants with adjustable waistbands that finally got me to be serious about this...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1672 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1555

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review