All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
really need suppourt tonight
      #365673 - 07/28/11 11:30 AM
ibsholly

Reged: 11/09/10

i have had hell of a day i had fight with family member last night of ibs
and i got stressed i never had good sleep never had good bm then i had go hosp for ultra sound drink lots bloated me tummy makeing noise all day bubbleing hurts tried to relax cant bloated
top it off family going on get over ibs eat ya greens have bran stop the [censored] diet ya on what do they know

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: really need suppourt tonight new
      #365674 - 07/28/11 01:00 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Many of us have problems with family members not believing IBS is a serious condition.

Have you thought of making an appointment with your GI doctor and some family members so the doctor can explain the seriousness of the IBS and the few ways there are for managing it?

Hopefully thing will go better over the next few days.

What test did you have at the hospital?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#365675 - 07/28/11 01:07 PM
ibsholly

i have asked lots for people to come cant ask my mum as in care with dementa shes really young i miss her lots itry to explain am going to ask again
i had to go hosp i had fuild trapped on pelvis few weeks back

#365676 - 07/28/11 01:19 PM
Syl

Well - hopefully your doctor and perhaps your dad can meet and he can explain things to your dad. Have a lovely evening.

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#365677 - 07/28/11 01:42 PM
ibsholly

thank you i no its just bad day all ok with family no so be happy again tomorow thank you xxxx have nice night to

#365678 - 07/28/11 01:52 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Holly - Please go to the support page on healthyaudio.com and you can get some free support - also - have your family members listen to the IBS Companion CD, which is the 4th CD in your folder. That explains all about IBS to family members, that it is not in your head, that they should be patient and understanding, what treatments are, what you are going thru - it VALIDATES your journey and your illness from a professional perspective - I know that many times, family or friends will not listen to us, but if a professional says it, then they believe them... sad, but true. It may take at least that burden of explanation off of you - and if not - as I mention, go to the contact page and they can provide you with help - even help to explain it to them.

Hang in there hon... (((HUGS))) to ya.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#365684 - 07/29/11 02:48 AM
ibsholly

Thank you for advice i have the cds
i wish more were like you and syl i got i really nasty email today dsying i should leave the boards because all i do it cry moan am quite hurt by this poster and upset this is a suppourt form well never mind maybe thats whst mosy want and have not said so i will leave i have good people around me for suppourt so i no be fine am 80% better now
thsnk you all for kindness geting me this far i will make rest on own because lady really said upseting words how got email dont no

#365685 - 07/29/11 04:34 AM
Syl

This sort of message is unforgiveable and insensitive!

What is the screen name of the person who sent you this text?

Can you post a copy of the email to the board so we can all see what was written to you?

--------------------

... new
      #365686 - 07/29/11 05:12 AM
osbo54

Reged: 09/04/08

It's really very simple, Syl. Go to her previous user name julieb123, for her email address. Wow, thought you were smarter than that, since you think you know everything. Couldn't even pick up on your old pal under a different name. You couldn't even pick up on her pal 'aperson', under a different name either. Um,um,um. You're slippin!

#365687 - 07/29/11 05:21 AM
Syl

So can we presume you are the person who sent the email?

I hope she posts it here so we can all see what was said!

--------------------

#365688 - 07/29/11 06:42 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

I got a nasty email from this INSENSITIVE genius OSBO54 recently as well. She is so smart she can figure out how to hurt a suffering IBSer using her previously listed eMail address. In the eMails I got, she wandered aimlessly through a miriad of nonsense, finally saying she made her point that I was a troll. Shame, shame, shame on you OSBO54. You appear to have no compassion at all, given that you also have IBS.

Cheers

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

Can you post the message ... new
      #365689 - 07/29/11 06:46 AM
Syl

that was sent by OSBO54 so we can see the kind of off board messages she is sending to others? It is understandable if you choose not to.

Cheers

--------------------

Re: Can you post the message ... new
      #365690 - 07/29/11 07:00 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

Here is the original message:

Hey, TROLL, crawl back under the rock you crawled out from!

We had a series of emails back and forth after this which I described previously.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

#365692 - 07/29/11 08:21 AM
ibsholly

You are a very crul person i will but email up she sent me
am just glad i have others suppourt

#365693 - 07/29/11 09:43 AM
ibsholly

Lynn Osborne
Add to contacts
To julieb123@hotmail.com
Now you are back again to whine, whine, whine. You think people don't know who you are? Please stop with the whining. Heather kicked you off the boards before because you whine and here we go again. The same questions, over and over again.

I called you on it and you deleted the post. I ask you if you were julieb123 and you deleted the post immediately. You think people don't know. Please! Then you asked another posted, who's julie? Like you don't know.

So, stop with the damn whining and take the advice people give you! And stop coming back to the boards with new names and try to fool people because it does not work.

this is what was said to me

#365694 - 07/29/11 09:54 AM
Thai

Reged: 10/04/09

holly/julie,

I am so sorry that you have been insulted by this person.
No one here should be subjected to this kind of abuse.

For what it is worth, I know that you were not thrown off the board when you left as julie123....you left on your own accord due to the fact that someone from here emailed your doctor!!!!!
You were horrified at the thought that someone would do that to you and I don't blame you.
Did you ever find out who did that??

Stay strong girl....as you know, most people on here are not like this one person.

--------------------
IBS-D

#365695 - 07/29/11 09:59 AM
ibsholly

thank you no i never found out but am glad docter was on my site and lol at them am not going to let people like that get to me we all are so difrnet with are ibs and my docter knows that he said good i have food a board i get my feelings down on am shocked still at what they did had no right what so ever and as for the nasty email i have just got well i give up i am still thinging of leaveing board as i feel its just made me stressed someone things that way about me we all have bad days time to time i never new i was going on so much

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 914 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7687

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review