All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Still wanting to hope
      #365002 - 06/04/11 08:35 PM
mmatthias

Reged: 06/04/11

I am looking for a little help with my IBS symptoms/problem. I have been struggling for many years and have tried multiple different diets and medications. Some things seem to be working for awhile, but mostly I just remain very uncomfortable with varying degrees of abdominal pain. My main continuous problem is extreme bloating and gas and a strong feeling of pressure in my lower abdomen. I came across "Eating for IBS," and was hoping it might help me as well. I have been on it for about a week now, but not really feeling much better. I am only really eating the "Go" foods (I have completely stopped the Avoid foods, and use the pause foods very sparingly). Most of my meals consist of white breads, oatmeal, dried bananas, rice, and rice cereal. I have also been taking the Peppermint pills before meals, and drinking lots of Fennel tea. So…..what else can I do? Do I need to do something different? I feel very discouraged with everything right now and am looking for any help or insights anyone might have.

Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Still wanting to hope new
      #365007 - 06/05/11 05:48 AM
bermudakate

Reged: 11/06/07

stick with it! these things should help you! try not to eat too much white bread, maybe add the acacia fiber (this has helped me TREMENDOUSLY). for gas- have you ever tried charcoal tablets? i use them when i have very uncomfortable painful gas and it works great. you can get it at any drugstore.
the best recommendation i can make is to try the IBS hypnosis on this site. especially if you have very stress-related IBS issues, this can really be life-changing. I am on my second round of doing it right now, and definitely noticed a huge decrease in bloating and pain after i finished it the first time.

--------------------
stable IBS-A

Re: Still wanting to hope new
      #365008 - 06/05/11 05:54 AM
Islandsguy123

Reged: 03/02/11
Loc: Savannah,GA

Hi! That's exactly what I am experiencing. I have gas and bloating with alot of pressure about every night. It's been on for almost a year.

Before doing the IBS diet, you may want to check for these causes (especially SIBO, Food intolerances, H Pylori, Parasites). This is a pretty cool link I found with much info.

http://www.healthhype.com/causes-of-bloating-and-gas-flatulence.html

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2345 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1471

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review