All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
It's a tough road from stable to unstable...
      #364624 - 05/04/11 10:59 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

After a few years of feeling great, I'm in another flare up. I was diagnosed with non-specific colitis on top of the probably IBS, so I know it's a bit different for me. But, it's quite a challenge becoming unstable again. I honestly feel like I'm being pushed down a hill that I worked SO hard to climb! I'm having symptoms daily, and some bad enough to make me stay home about 2x a week. The cramping gets so old... the constant trips to the bathroom are exhausting... the general malaise is annoying. I am really missing my normal life.
It's baffling me right now because I am almost always set off by stress. Over the past few months, my husband and I were searching for a new place to live. It was high stress. But, I made it through with just a few attacks. Once that was finished, this all started. It was almost as if my body waited as long as possible and is now giving up and letting it all run crazy.
I'm not stressed--I'm watching what I eat. It simply isn't mattering and I'm pretty upset.
I scheduled an appt. with my Nurse Practicioner. She's great, but I already know she can't tell me anything new... but at least I can get new prescrptions for meds that I need. Ugh.
Just one of those days. I'm pretty positive in general, so I'm hoping tomorrow I'll wake up and start climbing back up that mountain... it's steep, but I know I can do it and MUST do it.

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

If its ok I will climb that mountain with you! new
      #364625 - 05/04/11 12:16 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

For the past week I have been sick. I have been pretty stable for about 3 yrs. I hope mine is just stress I had a friend of my family die and my uncle die not even a week apart. Thought I got through it fine but no, I was sick all friday night and part of sat and then yesterday I had a little spell while out shopping with my mom. I hate that fact that this controls me so much and I hate the fact that I eat the same stuff everyday and week and I am still sick. I am thinking of going tot he doc myself for pain meds. I feel like I feel off that mountain as well and back up the hill I go so I will climb it with you and maybe togther we can reach the top! (HUGS)
Emmasmom (ibs-C) GAS

Re: If its ok I will climb that mountain with you! new
      #364632 - 05/05/11 03:36 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Have any of you ever heard of pelvic floor dysfunction? I wonder how many here have this problem and don't know it. It is when you are constantly contracting your pelvic muscles backing everything up without even knowing it and you have to consciously relax them. Although relaxing them almost feels like contracting. It's bizarre and can be extremely debilitating.Doesnt matter how good you eat, you will still have a problem. Can also cause upper GI symptoms because everything backs up and also nerve innervation is the same. I was diagnosed by a rectal surgeon.

Re: It's a tough road from stable to unstable... new
      #364634 - 05/05/11 09:05 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

I, too know exactly what you are going through. There has been so much stress lately, both in my life and just in general in the world! My body also seems to "get through" the worst of it and then crashes and it will take weeks sometimes for things to feel "normal" again! Hang in there...it sounds like you are on the right track....try to be patient....be kind to yourself....give your body what it needs for you (I know for me it is herbal tea, light foods and alot of quiet time with a good book) we've all been there

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1791

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review