All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: taroh73 new
      #364175 - 04/08/11 10:11 AM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

CellSalts -

We do thank you for your kind offer to help others you see who are suffering - however - once again -

THIS thread was intentioned for commiserating, not advice, as the author has indicated... we totally understand your helpfulness, it is appreciated, understood and we all have got the message, and just as you had the option to follow through or not to follow through when people suggested this to you, so too will the readers.

You may be asked to remove your personal email from your post as it will be subject to spam for your own privacy and protection - you can provide your email more safely in your profile instead.

Thank you kindly! All the best to you. (((HUGS)))

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

email new
      #364178 - 04/08/11 10:25 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

It is quite unlikely she will be asked to remove her email address from her post especially since it is a gmail account and new email address are easy to create if the current one is spammed. Furthermore, gmail has excellent spam detection. Also, it easy for spammers to get one's email address from one's profile too.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Combo of EFI and FODMAPS new
      #364180 - 04/08/11 10:39 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

You say you eat only about 25 food items. Can you please list them and when/how you eat them.

As far as I recall Syl did say he was feeling somewhat better from this combo but never said specifically what symptoms were better. I know Syl suffers from pain (he has often said so) and now you don't?

I suffer from terrible bloating and believe that is what causes a great deal of my pain but you suffer from bloating with no pain now? Please explain.

Cheers

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

Excellent results from combo of EFI and FODMAPS new
      #364181 - 04/08/11 10:50 AM
Syl

The combo has made the world of difference to pain, stool frequency and consistency, bloating and distention I experience. The EFI diet alone did cover all of the triggers which are in the FODMAP approach. However, the FODMAP approach does not address the issues of related to IF as a serious trigger. Combining the two has turn out to be quite effective. It isn't a cure but it is an excellent management approach. If you want to read more about the FODMAP approach check the links in my signature.

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

Re: Excellent results from combo of EFI and FODMAPS new
      #364182 - 04/08/11 11:31 AM
capricorn1942

I have read the stuff under your signature. I follow EFI and don't eat fructose, soy and other beans or crucerifous veggies and eat only 1 or 2 slices of bread a day. Am I already following FODMAPS?

I still take psyllium. I have tried other fibers including acacia with poor results. I still go at least 3 or 4 (someimes more) times in the early AM until I empty out. Then the bloating starts. I release some of the gas beginning just before supper (the tip of the iceberg).

This enables me to sleep off and on (1 to 2 hours at a time) through the night. I release a lot more gas during this time until defecation begins and the cycle starts over again.

Cheers.

--------------------

#364183 - 04/08/11 11:39 AM
Syl

Sounds like you are partially following the FODMAP approach. For example, some people have to remove all wheat products because they are more sensitive to fructans than I am.

You might use 100% soluble fiber supplement. Pysllium is 2/3 soluble fiber and 1/3 insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber is a strong GI trigger. Presumably you have removed most foods with high amounts of IF and only eat peeled and well cooked veggies, etc.

--------------------

Marilyn new
      #364184 - 04/08/11 12:35 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Nice post Marilyn, as always!

#364185 - 04/08/11 12:43 PM
capricorn1942

Here is a one page summary of Fodmaps. I got it from ibsgroup.org:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2733894/fodmaps-374k?da=y

Cheers.

--------------------

#364186 - 04/08/11 12:46 PM
Syl

Unfortunately, the page you gave is not accessible unless you join.

The links in my signature are to authorative sources not second hand sources.

Cheers

--------------------

Re: Can anyone relate to keepin up a normal facade out in the world? new
      #364189 - 04/08/11 01:09 PM
MikeCA1870

Reged: 03/30/09

Wow, I totally feel you on this. The big difference is that my symptoms are mild, but I still don't ever get invited out for dinner or any kind of social event because people just assume I can't eat anything and they know I don't drink due to my IBS. I am still a relitively young man and definitely feel like my "social life" so to speak, is slipping away.

For new people I don't say I have IBS, but I find everyone wants to know why I'm not drinking for example and if I don't say somethign they may assume I'm a recovering acoholic or something and I'd rather they know I have IBS than think that. For dairy I get away with just saying I'm intolerant to it without going into detail. So many people choose to not eat red meat that one isn't a problem.

Also, on the few times I am out with people who know about my IBS, all they can talk to me about is "Can you eat that?" "Is this ok for you?" "Wow, I just couldn't LIVE if I couldn't eat cheese" etc. etc. I don't bring it up but it's the favorite topic of conversation.

I often envy the folks who developed their IBS when they were older and already had a spouse, family, and friends, and so were already situated in life. I don't even want to consider dating...what a horrible nightmare that would be. Where I'm from the consensus if you don't go out drinking you're either boring, a big stick in the mud, or something wrong with you. Who would want to be with someone like that?

Especially worst are the people who egg me on by saying "I think you really can eat dairy. Have you tried it? Why don't you try it. Come on, it can't be that bad." God how frustrating that is.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review